PDA

View Full Version : seams help

formerself
03-14-2007, 12:17 AM
I tried a search to no avail; im having trouble with the seams on the alien tut from 3dbuzz. the method they shown for fixing the seams in the tut is weighting. but when i do it next to nothing happens outside of scewing the actual model a bit around the areas weighted. in the tutorial it seemed to only affect the edge and pushed it in nicely to remove the seam. anyways does anyone know of another method for removing seams when you use a mirror effect to create a head? im new so pardon my ignorance

GregOconn
03-14-2007, 06:28 AM
Hey formerself,

First problem is that most people arnt going to go to 3dbuzz and read the tutorial your talking about so it might be an idea to explain the problem rather then sending everyone to the tutorial.

Second problem is that I dont see what software package you are using? Hard to help unless we know what it is you are using.

From what I gather you are building half of a head and using the mirror function to complete it. However your seam isnt getting the desired effect. If you let me know what package you are using I might be able to help. Also screenshots of what you mean might also help me help.

Greg

CGTalk Moderation
03-14-2007, 06:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.