PDA

View Full Version : Promise Promo Painting, (2D)

Lunatique
03-04-2003, 04:23 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/2652/2652_1140139934_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/2652/2652_1140139934_large.jpg)

Title: Promise Promo Painting
Name:
Software: Painter, Photoshop

This is the promo painting for Promise, a short film project I created/wrote, and was slated to direct, but the funding fell though and the project is now on hold, awaiting more funding.

Colin de bink
03-04-2003, 09:08 PM
wow I am sure that it is going to be a very cool short
I hope you are going to keep us posted so that we can follow your progress

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Man
03-05-2003, 12:50 AM
that's a very promising image ya know??know i'm curious!!!tells us something about the story or something....plleeeeaaaaasssseeee

KingMob
03-05-2003, 05:45 AM
hey whats this? ;)

Looks great man glad to see that background finished!
I won't say much now, except I really like the promo peice...now wheres that 3d version ;)

Mazer
03-05-2003, 06:31 AM
One more artist for my favorite folder :thumbsup:
The works on your site are realy something, I'm keeping an eye on you...
Best of luck for this short project.

Out of couriosity, have you established a pipeline for your short yet (hardware,software,workflow)?

malcolmvexxed
03-05-2003, 07:28 AM
If that's not simply digital painting over a photograph it's great.

gruvsyco
03-05-2003, 07:36 AM
Wow... that is incredible work Lunatique!!! You're site is really cool too. I like the step by step you have of the woman on the bed. :thumbsup:

Beholder
03-05-2003, 08:08 AM
:buttrock: I love the second picture in your "personal favorites" of Sao-Ling (where she's looking away and placing her hands on the wall). Melted all the tension from my body! I love how her hands seem to be forming wings (that's what I see anyway :shrug: )

Oh, this picture you just posted, :bounce: :bounce: Holy shite it rocks.

ZeroNeuro
03-05-2003, 08:40 AM
This is a sweet image. I love the composition... what expressively grabs me are the hands. They look like they are clenched tightly, like she is desperate in her intentions. A touch of tension in an image of pure beauty...

Very well done. :applause:

Cheers

Mangled Poly
03-05-2003, 08:48 AM
Nice work as always sir:bounce:

AnimBot
03-05-2003, 08:48 AM
Excellent job on this pic Lunatique. One thing that I have to mention is that the background has a great amount of detail in it. You would think this would over power the picture yet somehow it doesn't seem take away from the subject at all. It's only after the second time looking this over that I realized how much detail was placed in it. Again very beatuiful.

Mcf
03-05-2003, 08:49 AM
nice member list! seems to be a grant that its going to be a nice short, worth watching :bounce:

tell us something about story and/or chars plssss :drool:

good luck for the production!

cheers mcf !

dark_lotus
03-05-2003, 08:57 AM
Respect man, this is off the chart!! Where is that shiny cgtalk award.

Amazing - I can't wait to get me grubby lil hands on the short film either!

I'd love to help in any way i can too!

Lunatique
03-05-2003, 09:00 AM
If anyone is interested in volunteering, just post in this thread, and tell us what you enjoy doing, what apps you use, what you're good at, and what your schedule is like for now and the next couple of years.

I don't ask for total dedication where you spend all your freetime helping out. Just as long as you enjoy helping and working with us, and no matter if you get laid off from your current job, get a new job, move to another country, your girlfriend/boyfriend dumps you...etc, it's the friendship and the collective ambition that will keep us moving forward. So, spare whatever freetime you feel like.

The entire team will collectively decide on the screening process of potential team members. We look mostly at skill level and personality(no jerks. We like nice friendly people :love: ).

ZeroNeuro
03-05-2003, 09:09 AM
Sure... looks like just the project I've been looking for. Ok, details:

Lightwave
Max (though I'd rather eat my own leg)
Maya
RAT & PRMAN
Shake
DF4
Softimage|3D
XSI
Painter
Photoshop
Traditional

I've been doing 3d for.. man. 8 years? Jeez... and my areas of concentration is shading, texturing, set design, prop design, producing, audio production, set modelling/dressing, lighting, prop modelling and writing.

Currently I have access to Maya and Lightwave. The rest are too expensive. PS of course.

I can offer up a considerable amount of time to the project, since I currently am freelancing and unemployed.

I know a professional music composer who works in the games industry and I think he has time free as well. Scott Lee, who worked on Summoner and Descent soundtracks.

Cheers,
Ritchie Roberts
ZeroNeuro Arts Ltd.

Plugs: *grin* Skull in a Scream (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44319) Office WIP (model) (http://www.zeroneuro.com/images/office-wireframe.jpg) Stilled Life (http://www.cgtalk.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=82719) Chellenge Entry (http://www.cgchallenge.com/gallery_artist.php?artist_id=6159)

Lunatique
03-05-2003, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the kind words everyone! :)

knoxville-- hehe, sorry. Gotta wait for it. :D

KingMob-- hey, aren't YOU supposed to do the 3D version? Hahahah. I joke I joke! I'll do it. *grumble* #$@$%#$.....

Mazer-- We're currently a Maya team. But we might dabble in XSI for some shots. We have ex-Max and ex-LW guys. They all love Maya and XSI now. :love:

malcolmvexxed-- no way in hell would I ever do that! People tried to accuse me of it in the past, and I just ignore them. My work will speak for itself. No need for me to defend anything. ;)

gruvsyco-- oh man that tutorial is old. I'm kinda embarrassed by it now...

Beholder-- hehe, glad you like it. My fav too. :)

AnimBot-- I was, and still am worried that it's too busy. I might change it for the 3D version.

Mcf-- I totally got lucky that these kickass guys came to me and volunteered. They are such nice guys too, on top of their talent. :love:

dark_lotus-- sign up right here. :D Read my previous post.

Gkar
03-05-2003, 09:19 AM
Amazing work, as usual, you are a master :beer:

gnarlycranium
03-05-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Lunatique
If anyone is interested in volunteering, just post in this thread, and tell us what you enjoy doing, what apps you use, what you're good at, and what your schedule is like for now and the next couple of years.

Ahhhhhhhh, gods if only... don't SAY things like that...

Um... I use MAX and I know a wee bit of PS but have no tablet... I'm good at drawing but can't show you much since I don't have a scanner... and at the moment I have next to NOTHING to do, and it'll probably stay that way for months. How's that for pathetic?

Blargh... jeez, King Mob, between yer Stone Ent and this kinda thing yer really gonna be moving up, you know that right? Don't forget me!! :cry:

moroten
03-05-2003, 09:58 AM
What a superb feel and composition, so refreshing. :drool: The craftsmanship looks exquisite, really promising. I'd volunteer any day if I wasn't flooded with stuff to do and if I hadn't my own hidden pixel agenda to cater to.

DreamWeb
03-05-2003, 10:15 AM
Amazing (AMAZING!) piece of art, my friend.

Looks as if it's going to be an amazing project.

So, here's my application :)

I'm currently a professional editor. I work at a couple of television post houses here in Toronto, Canada. My true love is film, however. I do quite a lot of short film work (on spec).

I also do a little (I mean, a LITTLE) bit of 3D. I have been working with LW for the past few months. I have a friend who works at A|W that is trying to convince me to switch over to Maya though! ;)

I have been using AE for the past 4 years, for everything from movie title designs to special effects and visual corrections. You name it.

Anyhow, if you have any need for me... I'm ALWAYS looking out for great projects to work on, and great people to work with!

I am currently in pre-production on a Super 16mm short that will be shot the last two weekends of April. Fun stuff :)

Dream...

Eudaimic
03-05-2003, 10:37 AM
(Moroten, love your chicken! :D)

Love that look, would be interested in helping, but I need to see how my life fans out over the next half year before I decide on anything.

Now reveal some more info you!!

JacquesD
03-05-2003, 10:38 AM
Very nice stuff...

Keep on. :)

The Cross
03-05-2003, 10:46 AM
Looks good, I'll be looking out for the premeire of this promising craftsmanship indeed.

A part of me would definatly enjoy contributing my tallents for this project. Time is an issue in the matter for me, and the amount of effort induced in between time gaps would make for a very sluggish production on my part.

Oh..and i checked out your site. Now i too have a new start up window for Maya. Thanks for that.

Gotham
03-05-2003, 11:00 AM
Wow, very beautiful.

Silmarillion
03-05-2003, 12:52 PM
She looks beatiful , overall perfection in the image , congrats :applause:

ceql
03-05-2003, 12:53 PM
w00t! Go Luna! :)

Norlan
03-05-2003, 12:55 PM
OMG, another piece of awesome work from Luna, way to go! I love all your productions

ivo D
03-05-2003, 01:00 PM
i like your style.. the illustration is beautifull..

it always gives mee the never ending story feeling..
and thats a compliment..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
caus that movie rocks.. and the whole idear was great

just like your stuff.. one image.. shows more than just a story

Frank Dodd
03-05-2003, 01:41 PM
Excellent illustration, very bright, white and looking appropriatly angelic. Terrific modelling on the character, well done.

stephen2002
03-05-2003, 02:16 PM
great pic, now I wanna see the short. Three years, I think I'll be mighty blue by then * starts holding breath *

* huph puff * is it done yet :D

If it is to the same quality as that still, it will be great! Keep us posted.

lmc
03-05-2003, 04:06 PM
Wow, wonderful....its really look nice, can't wait for ur short film, how long u need to finish it?! haha

:applause:

Yan Loong Wong
03-05-2003, 04:59 PM
very beautiful painting. I really like the way u paint the hair, very delicate and soft. Can't wait to see the film.

-yan

Mcf
03-05-2003, 05:03 PM
the woman looks like the girls in "dead or alive beach volleyball" *gg*:beer: :D

as mentioned before it really has a touchy feeling and it also reminds me on the neverending story :) weird *g*.

could we get more promo pics? or just some more info about the film :)

i'm running up to walls just 'cause i'm so curious knowing more about the short.

cheers mcf

Jeffo
03-05-2003, 05:38 PM
Hey looking good man! very lovely image!! cant wait to see what you guys can pull off! i'll be watching this one!

:thumbsup:

mic
03-05-2003, 08:26 PM
Wow!!! That's awesome!!!

BTW... I would also like to help out. I think it will be a great learning experience.

Anyway, I would only be able to help out with modelling as that's what I know best out of everything else. I use LW... but if you are willing to give me a copy of XSI or something then... J/K.;)

-mic

Norlan
03-05-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Mcf
the woman looks like the girls in "dead or alive beach volleyball" *gg*:beer: :D

cheers mcf Of course, Luna obviously is obsessed (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47000&perpage=15&pagenumber=2) with the girls of DOA :beer:

Boone
03-05-2003, 09:16 PM
Re: Lunatique.

"Luna", your picture is just master-class. I'd like to ask you if I could help out in some way, but I'm totally out of your league.

Still, I'm very interested in your "Comic-book" that you did awhile back. Was it ever published? I'll bloody walk into my nearest comic shop and snag a copy this instant!

I'll watch your production from beginning to end, and may I say...

...God speed to you and your fine crew!:thumbsup:

HapZungLam
03-05-2003, 10:03 PM
I haven't get on cgtalk for a long time (longtime=3 days:p)

So this is kind of a late reply. but hey, Luna, you are the man. there has nothing can suggest to make it better. It is already perfect. cool stuff dude!!!

Are you still at china? (lazy me to read all the previous posts, but i'll do that when i get home;) busybusy)

urgaffel
03-05-2003, 10:09 PM
I'd love to help out, there are however a few things that could complicate things... First, I use max, and I although I could use the XSI Exp version and/or Maya PLE, I'd have to learn the software. Second, I'm studying and working at the moment, and will be doing that until the summer. After that, I don't know what will happen. I've been offered a position at the company where I'm working at now. Don't know if I'll take them up on it or not...

Anyway. If you still find some use for me, I'd love to do modeling and lighting/rendering. I need to get better at texturing, so I could try and help out in that field too. With texturing I mean painting actual bitmaps. I can uv-map pretty much anything, and I am pretty good with procedurals, but painting my own textures? Still got some ways to go there...

I haven't gotten my gallrey ready yet, but I've got some images in http://pchan.cgworks.com/gallery Most of those are pretty old though... I've gotten better at lighting since then. Been doing interior architectural renderings at work.

Anyway... Best of luck with your project! You've got a kickass team on your hands :)

Peter

Blair
03-05-2003, 10:34 PM
Just wanted to say maximum respekt, love what your doing and will watch with inspired eyes.

Xaint
03-05-2003, 11:03 PM
Lunatique, You know somethin'...

It's a non-profit project, am I right?

I'd love to cooperate, I'll have to elaborate on my time-schedule a bit.
:cool:

ghZaaaRK
03-05-2003, 11:25 PM
inspiring!! yeah and...mmh pretty sensitive and hopeful. It seems honest, it can only succeed!

Lunatic as usual.... beautiful

cheer

lildragon
03-06-2003, 12:00 AM
Simply wonderful, at first I'll be honest and say I tend to have a slight prob with your work looking too blurry or "soft", but after a bit the subject matter just takes over and that just sheds away. Simply beautiful and artistic. Love it :thumbsup:

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Very good work.

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_mar03_2.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com for the award .psd file

salud

Soeren Nielsen
03-06-2003, 12:14 AM
Its an honor to be part of this short story production, and with a kickoff like this, the next couple of years look promising. :)

3Ants
03-06-2003, 01:37 AM
nice work.
I love it:wip:

gandan
03-06-2003, 01:55 AM
I wish i was part of this wonderful project! The teaser look sooo beautiful!

Congrats on your receiving the choice award. It is artistically beautiful!

cheers!

Stahlberg
03-06-2003, 03:54 AM
Man, that must be hands down the best thing I've ever seen you do! In fact, one of the best 'angel' pics I've ever seen... I'm more excited to see this project finished than that Animatrix thing... :)

Lunatique
03-06-2003, 05:03 AM
All the people that volunteered-- the members are checking this thread, and we'll eventually contact people that gets voted on the team. It might not be ASAP, since we're all busy and stuff, but we WILL contact you either by PM or in this thread.

Boone-- I only finished the layouts and the script for it. Never went further than that. You can see my other comic book stuff on my site. There's a section just for my comic book stuff.

As far as being out of league. None of us are working in big studios. We're the underdog. The little guys.

HapZungLam--yep, still in China. Will remain here for the duration of the film production.

Xaint-- yeah, it's a labor of love. We'll enter the festivals when it's done though.

lildragon-- Thank you sir! And big thanks to Leo for pluggin' it. :D

Soeren-- you know that I only want you for your sexy body, right? ;)

Originally posted by Stahlberg
Man, that must be hands down the best thing I've ever seen you do! In fact, one of the best 'angel' pics I've ever seen... I'm more excited to see this project finished than that Animatrix thing... :)

Bwahahaha!! What a compliment! Man, after that 2nd episode, I'm feeling a bit doubtful about Animatrix myself. BUT, there are more parts to come, and there are bound to be other good ones.

BTW, my invitation is still open to you to join us. ;) I know I know, you want ME to join YOUR project. Hehehee. :beer:

Thanks for all the wonderful compliments, everyone! :love:

And all I can say about the story for now is this:

It's a modern fairytale about love, faith, and sacrifice. :)

AnimBot
03-06-2003, 07:14 AM
Hey Lunatique here's my re-post of the pm sorry for the mixup. I would love to help out with anything that needs helping. My main strengths are in animation, and modeling. I am happy to also do texturing, lighting and such, but I feel those aren't my strengths. I'm usually a 3ds max user, but recently I have added Maya to the mix. I have a pretty vast knowledge of max. As for Maya I'm just learning my way around in animation,
I know a little bit about nurbs modeling, but feel confident with poly modeling. My free time varies most of the time I work, but when I get a good amount of free time I love to throw myself into projects such as this. As for submitting any examples of work what should be done? Should we post on this thread or PM? The only problem I can think of is that I'm a star and demanded to be treated as such, I'm also a raging alcoholic, and I hate interacting with people......oh and I hate 3d. :D I'm joking......... of course I love 3d;)

Lunatique
03-06-2003, 07:53 AM
If you guys are going to post examples of your work, post it as links, not images, that way, it'll ease up on the loading time of the pages for other people. Thanks. :)

ZeroNeuro and Taos are now officially part of the Promise Production team.

Current member list:

Lunatique-- Grand Pubah

Soeren Nielsen-- TM(Technical Monkey)

king_mob-- The Ent

derelict-- Enigma

cerreto-- M.I.A.

Taos-- Code Bitch

ZeroNeuro-- Needs a title

We're going to slow down on screening volunteers for now, but if we have a need and you can fill it, we'll contact you. :D

Soeren Nielsen
03-06-2003, 07:57 AM
Monkeyboy reporting in... :D

Joebount
03-06-2003, 09:01 AM
Hi !

My name is Matth and I'm interresting into your project. I'm currently a student and I'm freelancing.

Anyway, it sound really cool ! You can see some samples of my work at : here
I'm mainly a modeler but I like a lot texturing and rendering (and lightning !).

Oh yeah, I'm French ! ;)

Soeren Nielsen
03-06-2003, 10:48 AM
Joebount as Lunatique stated in his last post, we are currently full. But offcourse we are interested to see your work, for future reference.
But you didnt link to it.. please do.

Joebount
03-06-2003, 11:18 AM
ooooops, forgotten it ! :

here (joebount.free.fr)

Savage_Henry
03-07-2003, 07:01 AM
Hi guys,

I'd like to donate some time to this project. I'm a modeler/texture artist. I was working at a 3D studio in Canada called Aurenya (http://www.aurenya.com) last year, but recently moved to Seoul to teach english. I'm still working on some side projects, but they will be completed fairly soon. I got a "website" which is just an ugly page thrown up to host some images of 3D work I've done in the past. check it here (http://www.coolpopasia.com/renders.swf)
I'll be updating the blue guy within the next few days.

Anyway I hope I can be of some use. Looks like a good project, with a talented team...hopefully this is enough to bs my way into it!!:D

Roy
03-12-2003, 02:23 PM
great work~!
can i join?
away put a eye on u:beer:

ed209
03-12-2003, 03:21 PM
I'd love to help out on the animation side of this project.

Lunatique
03-12-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Roy
great work~!
can i join?
away put a eye on u:beer:

I asked you to join me LAST YEAR, before I even finished the screenplay for this film! Why didn't you say yes a year ago?! :annoyed: :surprised :D

If you're serious, get in touch with me. I also want to talk to you about working out a deal with IMDT regarding using their renderfarm and other issues. You still working there, right?

Joebount/Savage_Henry/ed209-- the team and I check this thread whenever new replies are posted, so we definitely keep all the volunteers in mind. When the timing is right, we'll contact you guys.

jah
03-12-2003, 05:21 PM
need a webdesigner? :D

:love: the teaser :)

Boone
03-13-2003, 08:21 PM

Cheers, I'll check out your site again.:thumbsup:

fango
03-14-2003, 05:42 AM
i don t have much experience (having just recently graduated from animation school :) ) but i m more than willing to help

my strengths are in modeling (with an emphasis on characters) and technical lighting but i can help in every aspect of the pipeline, really.

i m comfortable with:

Maya
Prman
Shake
After effects
and of course photoshop.

my work can be seen on my website, http://www.na-ori.com

oh, and like Joebount, i m french and fluent in both french and english
:applause:

edit : doh, forgot the contact info, anyway,if oyu want to contact me, do it via my website or the cgtalk pm :)

Lunatique
03-14-2003, 08:50 AM
ambient-whisper A.K.A. Martin Krol just joined the team. :D

We'll add more members as we need to. Don't be surprised if we contact you months or even a year from now... :beer:

BTW, so many of you that volunteered have awesome work!

eLm0
03-14-2003, 09:00 AM
GR8 i love it.
bout to check out your site. need more:beer:

ZeroNeuro
03-14-2003, 09:48 AM
Ahh. Company. hehe

cheers

BTW: Excellent demoreel, fango! ::thumbsup::

CuTnPaste
03-14-2003, 10:45 AM
great WORK!!

good :thumbsup:

CuTnPaste
03-14-2003, 10:47 AM
whoop....I'm already in another prj...!!

anyway....good work and good luck!

cut

mockmoon
03-14-2003, 11:13 AM
Even more beautiful than your avatar.
Great job.

facial
03-18-2003, 06:57 AM
Cooool , It should be a perfect film ,I can not wait to see . :bounce:

Lev
03-19-2003, 03:43 AM
talented work!
It consist of a great colours and amazing forms!

JIII
03-19-2003, 04:40 AM
heck you guys are gonna make the best short ever.

man with the people working on it geez this is gonna knock the socks off everyone, and i mean every one. now if you could only get that guy stalhberg on your project then you would be invincible.

i would put my name out to be screened but i am two weeks late and you are already full. and with people like you I couldnt ever keep up.

Lunatique
03-19-2003, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by JIII
heck you guys are gonna make the best short ever.

man with the people working on it geez this is gonna knock the socks off everyone, and i mean every one. now if you could only get that guy stalhberg on your project then you would be invincible.

i would put my name out to be screened but i am two weeks late and you are already full. and with people like you I couldnt ever keep up.

Man, I hope we don't disappoint you guys...

Hey, you never know. Once the production picks up, we might even need more people. :) Post a link to your work here just in case.

HEY STEVEN! You hear that? Another person said you should join us! Should I take you up on your offer to visit and go kidnap you in Malaysia?? :D :beer:

Boone
03-19-2003, 08:44 PM

You should do teaser-trailers for your short.;)

...just to keep us happy of course! :bowdown:

Soeren Nielsen
03-21-2003, 01:56 AM
Boone : Happy you will be kept ;) but there is some time before those will surface.

JIII
03-21-2003, 02:02 AM
forget it man i just realized that you use maya and I don't.

I can send you some work if you really want it but I am not the best 3D artist (yet)

FatAssasin
03-25-2003, 06:51 PM
I know you guys are all full up right now, but if you need more help in the future I'd be honored to be a part of the team. I basically do it all and would love to help out any way I could.

I'm mainly a Max user, but I've used Maya in the past and could get up to speed with it pretty quickly.

Boone
03-25-2003, 08:30 PM
Re: Soeren Nielsen.

I'm willing to wait!:love:

God-speed on your venture!:thumbsup:

ELKey
04-08-2003, 04:32 PM
nothing can express my feelings of this skeleton................:beer:
come on!

tcomputerchip
04-22-2003, 06:10 PM
Hey, currently have very delicate time atm. But I will be opening up about 10 hours per week for animation/graphics. For the past few years I have had my head in working on live motion video (music videos in spare time) and reading lots of composition books. With very little time to focus on my own work.

I would love to help if you think my work should qualify.

http://www.opticalgraphics.com/tom/

I am starting to ramp up my talents by focusing on lighting and composition. I am very pleased with my latest work but I would like to make my next piece about 10 times better, and the next, and no on. I plan to enter a contest that I hope will reveal some of my well know tallents.

My latest work is: Light Post (http://www.threedy.com/showthread.php?threadid=5635&pagenumber=2)

glorydays
04-22-2003, 10:01 PM
cant wait to see the final

foodi
04-22-2003, 10:20 PM
nice poster! not many people would pay so much attention to the background

hollywood should learn a few things from this..

(dumb floating head posters)

hehe

psumo
04-22-2003, 10:39 PM
how is this short being funded?
you got a great team gathered up

I hope it sees it through the end

Lunatique
04-23-2003, 06:05 AM
Definitely keep posting in this thread if you are interested in volunteering. I can say with certainty that we'll need a lot more people down the line.

We will definitely cut a trailer when the time comes, and every significant development will be shared with the cgtalk family. :)

foodi-- what did you mean by that? Hollywood films have sucky background?

psumo-- Me and my wife are funding it ourselves for now, but we ARE looking for investors, since this project is far more ambitious than your typical 3 minute short. It has a pretty big cast, with elaborate and complex sets, and runs up to 15 minutes long. . .. Why, is Pixar interested in funding me? :D:D:D

foodi
04-23-2003, 06:58 AM
no.. i meant hollywood posters haev sucky backgrounds hehe

tehy always just haev teh stupid photoshopped floating heads

thats what i meant

cheers

chi
04-26-2003, 07:08 AM
ummmm i dont even equal the talent of most people on your team.....

but if you ever need i'll lend my computer as your personal rendering biatch :D

heh...biatch
i think its almost time for you to release more wok :D

tcomputerchip
04-26-2003, 04:06 PM
Im getting better by the minute, check out my post:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57400

I am willing to help in any way, textures, composition, lighting, and modeling cratique (not very good at modeling yet).

Going to school next fall full time for exacly what you are doing with this film.

Can't wait!

KenM
05-07-2003, 06:02 AM
Hi Lunatique,

I'd like to offer my time if your team can use it :)

Software - Lightwave, AfterEffects, Photoshop

Best Skills - Lighting, staging (I have a video production and photography background)

web site: http://www3.telus.net/kenmayfield/

reel (37Mb): http://www3.telus.net/kenmayfield/kendemo3dweb.mov - 1st revision

reel notes / PDF: this has my contact info and resume, PM me and I'll send you the URL.

I also have a contact that's senior at a rather massive render farm, a deal may be possible there.

Whatever your team decides, I look forward to seeing your project come to life :bounce:

uucww
05-09-2003, 08:39 AM
:beer: :bounce: :applause:

pyro808
07-01-2003, 10:49 AM
Need any help with music?

I joined this forum to better my 3d skills, but my real calling is music. :buttrock: I like all kinds of music, and make many different styles.

You can hear some samples at: http://www.mp3.com/the_beat_coalition

These samples have mostly a techno influence, but i have more songs I can send you.

I hope I don't get flamed for posting music stuff in the 3d forum. :shame:

ShadowM8
07-08-2003, 07:18 AM
Amazing work!

As for volunteering, well i am not a pro or anywhere close to being one, but i would love to get a chance to work on a project like this even if my job would consist of modeling rocks for the sets i would love to be involved! So if you think i can do something useful for you please let me know i'll be more then happy to! (I enjoy modeling detailed objects)

Here's the latest model i have made: http://sv2.3dbuzz.com/Upload/i9445panzer_wip20.jpg

Good Luck!

Lunatique
07-08-2003, 07:30 AM
Hey, thanks for all the response.

There's new development on the horizon regarding Promise. I'll announce it when it happens. I'm going to be pretty busy in the coming months, but don't worry, I won't forget about this thread.

doghat
07-11-2003, 06:33 AM
Well, good luck. I know what it's like to pour you heart into something for a long time.

Lunatique
08-27-2003, 08:34 PM
I promised I'd keep this thread updated as new developments happen--so here I am.

Promise will now be an internal project at Opdigit(Steven Stahlberg's company), with me at the helm as writer/director/art director. (Yes, that means I just accepted a job offer from Opdigit).

My original plan was to do this film alone, but the sheer scale/complexity of this film is impossible for one person to accomplish in a reasonable timeframe. I'm very happy that Steven and everyone at Opdigit loved what they've seen of Promise so far, and wants to produce it internally. I couldn't have asked for better. :beer:

To all the people have have emailed/PM'd me and offered to volunteer---thank you very much for your interest and enthusiasm. We could still use volunteer help if anyone is interested--but it'd be pro bono work(Of couse, you could always apply for a job at Opdigit and become a paid employee). You would get credit for the work you do though as a volunteer.

ShadowM8
08-27-2003, 09:07 PM
Congratulations Lunatique! Best of luck with the film!
And of course if there is anything I can help out with Iím still here and very interested.

Boone
08-27-2003, 09:20 PM

Stahlberg AND Lunatique?:eek:

God bless you mate and I look forward to seeing the final film. I have faith that it will be a masterpiece...

BTW, just for interest - I'm also spending the next three years making a film. You're an inspiration to us all!:beer:

KingMob
08-28-2003, 12:44 AM
As someone who was involved with the project from a while back, I would really like to say "Congrats" to you Luna, I am so happy you found a place to give this project the attention it deserves.

Now don't be a stranger man, make sure to drop a line every now and again :beer:

Sky_DaBomB
08-28-2003, 01:43 AM
I cant see the image...........:annoyed:

ShadowM8
08-28-2003, 02:52 AM
Its an old thread the image is gone by now!
But you can find it on his website, i think it was this one: http://www.ethereality.info/ethereality_website/paintings_drawings/new/promo.jpg

elfling bard
08-28-2003, 02:52 AM
Hi, my name is Francois Jolin. I am a young composer from Montreal. I have compose and produce in different fields such as film, web, multimedia and theater.
I would like to offer you my services in composition and production for the music of Promise.
I can send my demo directly to you or you can hear some examples of my work on my site : http://eonsounds.tripod.com

Best regards

Francois Jolin

Lunatique
08-28-2003, 05:34 AM
Sorry about the dead image link. I switched to a new server, that's why(now hosted by cg networks). I fixed it now.

KingMob- nothing but love for you and the crew, baby. Maybe we might still be able to work together on it face to face? (Get that demo reel ready!)

elfling bard-- I can't access your site(China's got problems with banning routers), but I'll try again when I'm in Malaysia.

BTW, if any other composers are reading this: I'm a composer myself, but I'm not classically trained. The film score I imagined for Promise is something similar to 19th century impressionist stuff like Debussy, Ravel, Satie...etc, with some light ambient/electronica/trip hop thrown in. I'd try to compose it myself, but I suspect I would be too busy to do it(or my composition skill isn't up to par for impressionist classical).

elfling bard
08-28-2003, 05:39 AM
Hi Lunatique!
My site was temporary unavailable for one hour due to big traffic but i can send you sample of music in any ftp you want. By the way i'll be glad to do the style you want ( classical impressionistic electronical ambient)

If your interested you can send me an e-mail!!!
imagison@hotmail.com

Soeren Nielsen
08-28-2003, 11:45 AM
cool Luna :) nice to hear that you took it.
Wont be online again untill the 15'th
Should have the reel done soon, who knows I might send it your way ;) Have fun with it man.

Strob
08-29-2003, 09:08 AM
Hi!

I have already sent my resume and links to Optidigits for the training in Malaysia. Now that I know your will work there, the oportunity seems even more fantastic!

Good luck with promise!

I would like to volunteer (even if I'm a bit busy right now) if you need some help for modeling, texture-mapping, effects and compositing.

I worked with max since 10 years but I have worked with maya for one year and I want to learn XSI. I do compositing within Combustion. I'm specialized in special effects and I want to learn character animation. I also have a background in comic books (http://www.strob.net/spgm/spgm.php?g=COMIC)

See my gallery (http://www.strob.net/spgm/spgm.php?)

See my demo reel (http://www.strob.net/spgm/spgm.php?g=STROB_DEMO_REEL)

See my business card (http://www.strob.net/carte/carte.jpg)

Read my resume (http://www.strob.net/carte/STROB_res.htm)

See my blog (http://www.strob.net)

cerreto
09-15-2003, 09:09 PM
hmm well i may be able to give you a hand with the music i know a techno dj down here that is very well gnown in the states named dj goodspeed here in florida has some stuff i think you may like and could mix up scores for you as well more than likely

Hollis J Wood
09-17-2003, 03:06 PM
this image gives me chills, too beautiful

visualboo
12-17-2003, 05:42 AM
So whats the latest on this Luna? How is everything going so far?

Take care
-b

Lunatique
12-18-2003, 02:50 AM
I'm still working on the film, one little bit at a time. As far as Optidigit's involvement in it--until we find an investor/buyer for the short film and the TV series that continues it, the project will most likely be on hold, with only me working on it. (Can't really have a studio full of guys getting paid to work on a film that doesn't have a money-back guarantee.) In the meantime, I'm creating/writing other long-form projects for Optidigit. It would be great if we could have the guys work on the film in off-hours, but the film is too complex/ambitious to be done that way. It'll either be full-time production studio-wide, or no production at all. I'll say this though--with or without financial backing/manpower, this film is very personal and dear to me, so even if it doesn't get made here and now, it'll eventually get made later and somewhere else. The plan for now is to develop projects that will interest buyers and investors locally--then use the experiences gained from those and apply them to the production of Promise.

Soeren Nielsen
12-18-2003, 07:24 AM
Luna well you just need a scandinavian pretty boy on the team, then you'll get funding at once ;)

FatAssasin
12-18-2003, 05:18 PM
(Can't really have a studio full of guys getting paid to work on a film that doesn't have a money-back guarantee.)

Does any project ever really have a money-back guarentee?

tcomputerchip
12-18-2003, 11:53 PM
Hey, im willing to help out free of charge. I currently live in the San Francisco bay area and going to school at the Academy Of Art College (www.academyart.edu).

My most recent work will posted on my portfolio section of my website. But, feal free to take a look at some of my older stuff. I have a great background in creating music videos and using Final Cut Pro for the Mac and Prermiere/After Affects for Mac/PC

I would love to help free of charge in any angle needed. I also have an extensive background in technical lighting for 3D-Environments. Though I can show any work, there will be some newer work posted on my website sometime after the new year.

Please contact me by email if any of this sounds good to you.

tc@opticalgraphics.com

Max4d
01-03-2004, 01:44 PM
Hey

I am a fan of your work and i would like to help out. I don't know if you only need 3d people or also concept people cause that what i do. But i guess you don't need anybody in that direction cause you're own stuff rocks. But if you do need people, i have time like hell :D:D

Anyway keep it up.

greetz Max4d

EDIT: just took a little look at your website and art. :cry: you don't need another conceptartist and especially someone who can't compete on the same level like you

AvidWriter.com
01-04-2004, 11:20 PM
Your probably looking for artists etc, but I love to write and I would more then like to help with any story related issues either being opinion, critic, or etc, you can check my site if you need proof :thumbsup: I don't know how much I can offer but I will certainly offer all I can for what you ask me. Btw great teaser poster :bowdown:

desireerose
01-05-2004, 10:47 PM
well the main subject is good and the background is very good aswell (the detail is very intense.) But, they blend together to much. their color schemes are to similar.

if you intended for them to blend then I suggest a few things.

1.) try making their shapes work togeter. you have these spiriling lotion in the back, which is soft stone. and then you have these feathers that are going different directions nad with a soft fluffy texture on them. it is not the textures, but the contrasting shapes.

2.) it looks like two different layers. you have the angle figure in the front and a wall in the background. shouldn't there be some sort of shadow inbetween them so that the viewer can tell that the figure is up next to it.

3.) for a greater dramatic effect, if that is what you are going for, I suggest some sort of inrense lighting so that the frustration or thought that the figure is going the through can be more emphasized. after all it can't be easy being an angle.

Other than than those few suggestions, you did a real good job and I look forward to seeing what the animation is going to be like! excelentt work!

Lunatique
01-06-2004, 03:17 AM
Thanks to all who have volunteered recently. Believe me, I'd love to just take everyone on and get rolling, but things are a bit more complicated than that. Promise is sort of cursed with being critically acclaimed(by all those who's seen something about it), but having no budget. Right now, I'm the only one that's working on it, so it's moving very very slowly. I've tried the online volunteer thing once, and it didn't really work out. When you aren't paying people, you can't really make demands of them, and also when people aren't getting paid, they tend to prefer working on their own demo reels or something else personal. At this point I think that the only realistic way to get the film finished is to have someone come along and fund the project with a healthy budget, so that I can get a studio full of artists working at it--fulltime. Online collaboration and volunteering would have too many complications for the production pipeline, storage, file transfering..etc. There are sets and scenes in this film that would generate an insane amount of data, and managing that with an online system, and having people living in different timezones--is disaster waiting to happen.

I really appreciate you guys volunteering--it means a lot to me. I'll post a public announcement if the current situation changes.

BTW, you guys can find some of the concept art for the film in this thread: http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111946

Boone
01-06-2004, 07:56 PM

Give us a John wayne speech and we'll all do it for free!:D

Or better still, do what Cliff Richard did in Summer Holiday...

CR: "Alright lads - what do you say to two weeks overtime without pay?"

'Lads': "Noooo! No!"

CR: "C'mon lads...(Starts singing!) We're in a bit of a fix..."

After a full-blown musical piece....

'Lads': "Yeah! Lets do two weeks of work without pay! Yay!!!":bounce:

DoLeeP
01-08-2004, 08:18 AM

pleitsi
01-08-2004, 12:16 PM
Very nice, looks very touching. That background reminds me about the Lord of the Rings elvish building style, detailed and deep with interesting shapes.

Overall, looks very promising.

MemoNono
01-08-2004, 10:25 PM
l like this image very much, it send a lot of rays to my eyes, make me feel unknown enjoyment.
thank you for this feeling

deepforest
01-13-2004, 02:43 AM
Beautiful image!:love:
You do the good work, and good luck to you!:thumbsup:

Norlan
01-14-2004, 07:48 PM
I have probably replied a while ago, and honestly I would really like to help if I had the 3d skills to put in use in this. However, I can always offer advices, especially on romance stuff ;) ,whenever you have a writer block.

rorriMcigaM
01-20-2004, 11:14 AM
30 hours ago I had never heard of Robert Chang or known this world of graphic artists.

I stumbled across the Promise image and was captivated. Thank you for that feeling.

I read your website, and I am inspired by your passion, dedication, and authenticity.

Tonight I pray that you achieve the vision instilled in you. May God pour cool water on your soul and replenish your heart and strength.

Please maintain the excellence that characterizes all your endeavors. I would rather wait 5 more years and see it your way, than to see it next year in some diluted form.

tin_ice
01-23-2004, 02:14 PM
What an excellent work!!!

I love the graphic very much... Is it possible to ask for a hi-res copy of it? :)

Thanks in advance!

TerrestrialSea
02-10-2004, 02:11 AM
Any UPDATES on the project. I know that you have been busy with stuff over at bullistic publishing lately, but is Promise still a reality?

Lunatique
02-10-2004, 02:37 AM
Boone- Hehe, if it were only that easy. . .. *tips hat and swaggers a bit*

DoLeePoZ- ;)

pleitsi- Ooh, you made a pun. :scream:

MemoNono- :D

deepforest- Thank you.

Norlan- Hahahaahaha. So, how goes your girl hunt?

rorriMcigaM- Thank you for the kind words. :blush:

tin_ice- How high do you want it?

TerrestrialSea- No significant update except that when Leonard came to Malaysia for the Siggraph event, he came up with a brilliant plan to fund the Promise project. *crosses fingers*

TerrestrialSea
02-10-2004, 03:18 AM
Sweeet!

costas
02-10-2004, 10:33 AM
NO COMMENT

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

DoLeeP
02-12-2004, 11:39 PM
ur work brilliant
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SpaXe
03-07-2004, 01:59 PM
Wow..waiting for the animation^^~!!:thumbsup:

Nolita
03-18-2004, 10:11 AM
I still love this picture. As I recall you said it's 2D and you painted it from scratch in response to a comment on Epilogue. :bowdown:

Ramon
03-21-2004, 09:48 PM
I like the image very much.
God bless.
Ramon

owenlewis
05-06-2004, 04:09 AM
I'm relatively new to the computer graphics world (just graduated college), But you seem to be a person to pay close attintion to, so... when are you going to post an update to this short?:thumbsup: Needless to say I am very curious about this project, and if you are still looking for people I would like to help if I could, doing animation.

Maya is the only program that I can be trusted with.

Fred.
05-14-2004, 11:50 PM
Incredible work, love it :applause: :thumbsup: !

kmest
05-21-2004, 10:43 AM
how could i miss this?thats cool.i love the whole of it.

i'm waitnig for the animation:applause: :applause: :bounce: :thumbsup:

slaughters
06-01-2004, 07:27 PM
Any more Promotional or Still images to post on the Project?

Laura04
06-04-2004, 12:43 AM
I love how soft this looks... but then again, that goes for all of your artwork. I've been to your site a long time ago and I am very impressed with everything I've seen. You inspired me to get painter... haha. :)

Stargo
06-12-2004, 11:03 AM
Great work :bowdown: :bounce: :applause:

Norlan
06-12-2004, 10:40 PM
Rob: lol, I guess you can now erase the memory of the whole conversation we had from last year. Something came up and I wish I could fill you in with more if I have personal internet access to chat. I'm really looking forward to see more excellent stories from you :)

Joel Kalsi
12-02-2004, 09:16 AM
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum but after seeing Robert's work, I gotta tell here it's awesome work. I do some graphics as a hobby but mainly I'm in to music production. Now I can see you guys put a lot of effort and worship the very nice images / scetches (which are very nice indeed!) but don't forget to have good sound design and music on the film as well.

It's said 70% of the movie is made with the audio/music side (imagine Lord of the rings movies having a circus theme, or smashy Prodigy breakbeat in the background throughout the films). I haven't read the whole thread through but by taking glimpse here and there I didn't see any musicians/audio engineers posting here. Robert seems to have a guitar and Korg synth, so I don't know if he's planning to do the audiowork himself, but it would be probably a good idea to have some guys dedicated to this side as well.

I do music production on semi-pro level (meaning I study designing at school as a "hobby", yet still putting all my powers in to music as my only real source of income) and am interested of this kind of work (I've thought about making an own animation some time in the future) but unfortunately I'm very bonded to our studio with the time schedual of our record productions. I'd like to contribute to this but it seems I'm booked until late spring 2005 at least. Let me know if I can do some audio/music production for the film and I'll see if I have some spare time at some point. Other than that, keep up the good work! :)

Concept-Mutt
12-03-2004, 08:46 PM
very nice indeed

Ayen
01-23-2005, 09:31 PM
nice job, she looks really beautiful and holy, all of the color blends together really well. i always love angel designs, because they are so attractive and myterious - nice composition. great work. p.s. i went to your website before, i really like the photos you took.

CGTalk Moderation
01-23-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.