PDA

View Full Version : Preferred modelling methods

rebeldreams
03-04-2003, 01:58 PM
Hi all - I was hoping for some feedback on this issue.

I always used to model in NUBS, but recently got into polygonal modelling (thanks to The Dave Way modelling tutorial). I really love the way that polys and sub-Ds give you fine control over a mesh... but here's the issue. Animating a polymesh head is a pain in the arse. Grabbing bunches of vertex points, movng, smoothing... I use Maya, and I don't seem to be able to use wire deformers in the same way as I would on a NURBS surface. So, on to my question;

What is the preferred method of modelling complex facial expressions on a character, and if polys is still the preferred modelling method, can anyone help me with a brief idea of the best was to do this in Maya on polys?

Cheers, and I shall post the results of this on the WIPs board as and when I get there.

~C

GregHess
03-04-2003, 02:40 PM
Wrong forum buddy.

Gyan
03-05-2003, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by GregHess
Wrong forum buddy.

Although I can understand how.

This is the "Technical and Hardware forum". They should rename it to "Hardware and System Forum"

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.