PDA

View Full Version : What is the best monitor for 3D artists?

Stalsby
03-13-2007, 07:15 PM
I'm in the market for a new monitor and I need some opinions from some fellow 3d/2d artists out there! I currently have a Dell E197fp LCD monitor. I want to get another flat panel display but I'm not sure what to get! I've heard CRT's are the best cause they last longer but they just take up way to much space! I know i want a digital monitor because thats what my other outlet on my video card supports.

If anyone has reviews or advice on this matter It would be greatly appreciated! I will be doing 3d modeling/texturing and photoshop paintings so I'm looking for the best monitor I can get for a reasonable price. At least a 22" Thanks!

vvmanoj
03-14-2007, 07:29 AM
For modeling, an LCD is just fine. CRTs are for people using it on crtical stuff like lighting, texturing etc.
I use a Dell 2007WFP and is just awesome! Take a look at its big brother the 2407WFP and I think you will love it. Plus Dell usually has some offer or the other on their site so its pretty good value for money too.
Cheers,
Manoj

Crazzy Legs
03-14-2007, 08:43 AM
would say find a dvi to vga adapter and go with a highend crt. Faster refresh rates for your cash. If you need great color accuracy, go get yourself a hardware color calibration set-up. Thats another $99 US. If you plan on spending around $1000 US. Go for something like another Dell or an Apple. So far, I've found that unless you're buying one of the highend big boys, flat panels normally don't deliver as much for your money as a crt.......right now anyways. I hope it changes quickly.

I remember SGI packed in a viewsonic made monitor that had a dpi of at least 4 times that of a normal monitor. It was incredibly expensive. Now they offer it as a flat panel....ooooooohhhh I would like to see that in person.

qpixelz
03-16-2007, 03:43 AM
I own 2x Dell 2007WFP and I couldn't leave without them everyday. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
03-16-2007, 03:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.