PDA

View Full Version : Relative paths?

osxrules
03-13-2007, 02:41 PM
A few people seem to have this issue with Shake. I like to transfer projects between home and work and the only way that I've been able to do it successfully is to mirror the directory setup and turn off uncFileNames in the startup script but this is less than ideal especially when I backup a project to DVD and I want to open it with all the source file links intact.

I can manually enter a path like ../movies/clip1.mov as a source but I'd really rather not type every input clip path in manually. What method do people generally use for migrating projects from one place to another?

On a side note, what happened to all the threads in this forum?

beaker
03-14-2007, 03:50 AM
The .shk file is ascii text, just open it in a text editor and do a search and replace on the paths.

>>On a side note, what happened to all the threads in this forum?

Not sure what you mean, there are hundreds of threads.

osxrules
03-15-2007, 04:03 AM
The .shk file is ascii text, just open it in a text editor and do a search and replace on the paths.

I was looking for a more automatic way of doing things. It seems like such a simple thing but it's so useful. Perhaps there is a way to do it with a custom fileIn node. Has someone maybe written one? Basically, it would take the path of the input file and the path of the shake script and generate a relative path.

>>On a side note, what happened to all the threads in this forum?

Not sure what you mean, there are hundreds of threads.

I didn't see the options for viewing a range of threads. It was only showing about 20 or so when I posted.

Hugh
03-15-2007, 07:25 PM
Personally, I make sure that the path works the same on all machines, even if this does mean me setting up a few symbolic links on my home machine...

And if you look on the threads list page at the bottom, there's a bit that says "show threads from the last month" - you can change this to see more.

osxrules
03-16-2007, 12:17 AM
Personally, I make sure that the path works the same on all machines, even if this does mean me setting up a few symbolic links on my home machine...

Sure, that would work too but it's still a workaround I'd rather not use. I downloaded the Shake SDK, which has an example of a custom fileIn node. I'll see if I can make anything of it. I'm writing a Python script that will convert the fileIn nodes in a given shake script so that might get me by in the mean time.

And if you look on the threads list page at the bottom, there's a bit that says "show threads from the last month" - you can change this to see more.

Thanks, I noticed this a while after I posted.

beaker
03-16-2007, 02:03 AM
If your using python and shake, you might be interested in this:
https://open.rsp.com.au/projects/pyshake

CGTalk Moderation
03-16-2007, 02:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.