View Full Version : character/snowgirl

fullcolor
03-04-2003, 12:11 PM
hi guys,

Here's my latest work

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/fullcolor/renders/tashi_final.jpg

Neil
03-04-2003, 02:59 PM
Eyes are too big, and too far apart, fix that and repost. I like the cloth texture.

LordShaitan
03-04-2003, 05:41 PM
Agreed, actually the cloth just loks like burlap, like she just put a potato bag over her head.

And the colring on her, you dont get a sense of that she might be cold, because she is lit and textured normally, not as if she was ni snow. Look around at movies and other paitnings, usually when there is some cold evironment, they are usually lit w/ blues.

The texture in the face is kind of bland, not much going on with it.

fullcolor
03-05-2003, 01:15 AM
thanks for the comments, but im not really going for realism(obviously) its ment to be a cartoon character with big eyes and soft texture. I had to dull down the hood to fit in with the rest of the work so it looks a little hard, but I kind of like it.

thanks

Blair
03-05-2003, 05:17 AM
The above comments are right, I think it's excellent work but you are going for a level of realism with the hessian material (which is really nice) and fur, you've got a really nice look and to then the character is half realistic half cartoon, the image and look is getting muddled. I really like what you've done here, doing two version's would rock taking it to a more cartoon extreme for one and then an opposite with a more realistic style would be a great compair and contrast piece. I Really thing it's hot.

fullcolor
03-05-2003, 06:14 AM
Blair, thanks for the constructive comment, Im not sure I will create another version, but I have updated the above image slightly.

thank you

FLOw
03-05-2003, 10:52 AM
cute..hook me up man.. :thumbsup: :D

fullcolor
03-06-2003, 12:21 AM
thank you

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.