PDA

View Full Version : C4d alpha channel

Emmet
03-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Hi all, im new to C4D, Im using version 10, i want to be able to see the alpha channel in a logo which is showing up as white when i render the frame.

This is what i did.

i created a plane then i created a material i then added the logo png file to the material and then i assigned the material to the plane it works ok except the alpha channel is white any ideas ?

Pixel2
03-14-2007, 01:34 AM
Hi, first of all welcome to the C4D, Please check the New users Topic of Per-Anders in C4D Forum so that you can understand all the tips faster.

To resolve your problem is very simply. First the best thing to do is create 2 image files. One for the Color channel and the other for Alpha channel.
The Color you can simply make the logo. Then you use that image to create a black and white image. The logo is in white and all the area that you want to exclude in Black. Save as logo_alpha.jpg or so...
Then in C4d, you create a new material and check in basic options the color and alpha channels.
In color click on the file load and add the color image of your logo, then pick the alpha channel and load the alpha image that you created.
Apply to the plane.

CGTalk Moderation
03-14-2007, 01:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.