PDA

View Full Version : Particle Flow Tutorial

MatteoM
03-13-2007, 09:29 AM
Hi,

I have need of Tutorial about Particle Flow... Do you have some link? (videotutorial, html or pdf tutorial)

I know web-site of Allan McKay... it's good tutorial, but the video is very terrible for quality...

thankx for all
Matteo

scrimski
03-13-2007, 11:24 AM
Try www.particlefx.com

MatteoM
03-13-2007, 11:31 PM
Do you know another link?

thankx for all
Matteo

erilaz
03-13-2007, 11:58 PM
I know web-site of Allan McKay... it's good tutorial, but the video is very terrible for quality...

You can see what he's doing and hear what he's saying... what more do you want for free?

Besides, there is a dedicated particle flow forum right here: http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=206

Search that and you'll be fine.

MatteoM
03-14-2007, 12:37 AM
Thank you

Sorry for my insisten question...

I start with this link and seach in dedicate part of this forum...

Tahnkx and sorry

Matteo

scrimski
03-14-2007, 12:56 AM
Pete Draper published a few tutorials using (not only)PFLow.
www.xenomorphic.co.uk

And he wrote a book called 'Deconstructing The Elements', which I consider as a 110% must-have.

MatteoM
03-14-2007, 12:59 AM
Thank you

Mat

cester
03-31-2007, 01:07 PM
Good tutorial thanks.

amckay
04-24-2007, 05:03 PM
a lot of the first tutorials that came out in 2003 were just test recordings I did whilst I was figuring out the best methods for recording tutorials, so some were via video capture cards, and others were camtasia etc. so some of them the video quality is terrible and blurry, however it wasn't mean for external use. But I figured rather than let them go to waste I would put them up on the web free for use so people would be able to use them. I did at the time and for some years put a 100 disclaimers up explaining they I know they're bad, but they're free, and in my opinion pretty useful, and that they're being distributed "as is". future ones I think the quality is much better, they're all 1024x768 or higher and quite crisp.

the thing is it's hard for me to find time to record tuts, so I do try to put aside half a day wherever I can, however to even get time in front of a computer to answer email let alone record tutorials etc. is quite a task at the moment, so I do my best to contribute back to the community whenever I can. so hopefully the quality isn't 'too' bad that they can still be understood to some extent.

That being said, I will be releasing some new tuts in about 10 weeks time (I'm overseas right now so I can't really do too much from my hotel). But I will be starting some new fx tuts, and a bunch of fume tutorials as the material out there right now is pretty bare. So hopefully that's something to look forward to.

cheers,

-Allan McKay

cyfer
04-24-2007, 05:17 PM
yeah , the last tutorials are very good in quality
i downloaded them and they are greate
those object A-B are very very interesting

waiting for more allan , you've been ...ehm " lazy" :sad: on providing us with tutorials lately

MatteoM
04-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Thank you Allan,

It's not a problem , my problem is the lazy for understand english :( ...

I wait more time it's not a problem...

Matteo

feldy
04-25-2007, 12:42 AM
hey allan its good to see your still alive and weta didnt eat you up havent heard from ya in months around these parts.

amckay
04-28-2007, 12:33 AM
I've been completely flat out, I was at blur studio again for a while on bioshock and halo wars etc. then went off to montreal to help train up ubisofts senior guys, been working on a few big productions through my own studio. I'm in New York City right now fx sup'ing a tv commercial for bioshock. I need to get my ass back on forums a bit more ;)

feldy
04-28-2007, 01:52 AM
Yea i knew you were back intown when you were down the street at blur offered to take you out and get your ass drunk but I think you were to booked. Nyc huh hows the weather? i didnt even know you were done at weta yet. I think thats the last anyone has heard from ya. anything new in the land of mckay?

CGTalk Moderation
04-28-2007, 01:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.