PDA

View Full Version : Vue Bug or just me ; rendering wind and plant animations in maya

joeym4130
03-13-2007, 01:47 AM
Is it possible to render out the whole animation within maya, I have a character animation I wanted to use w/ a vue background with the character standing in the grass.

When rendering still frames one by one, i see the grass motion in the breeze, but when output through the mental ray batch renderer, the scene remains static and the grass and clouds are stationary. Grass movement is set to how I want it when I did a animation preview within vue itself, it just does not seem to transfer over to work w/ the mental ray render.

I didnt know if this is another annoyance w vue6 xstream, or some setting I am missing.

If not I guess I will have to render it out in a few layers in vue, then the character separately in maya.

stalkeron
03-14-2007, 09:56 AM
Hi,

Someone suggested this for another similar problem:

Go in the rendering settings under Mental Ray to 'Translation' - 'Performance' and Uncheck 'Optimize Animation Detection'

If it works... post an OK here...

CGTalk Moderation
03-14-2007, 09:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.