PDA

View Full Version : How to edit .fbx animation rigs?

danb
03-12-2007, 04:21 PM
Sorry i don't have time to look this up. I have 2 motions attached to a control rig. One motion is of a run cycle. The arms of the run cycle cause my characters arms to go through the torso. So i need to edit the keyframs so that i can make the arms not intersect with the torso when they are swinging.

How can i edit the keyframes of that animation?

I have tried to go into the F-Curve editor and select the transform key and change its value, but that didn't work. The value could be changed but this did not effect my character's animation.

DaveMation
03-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Hey danb,

I think you need to add a new layer and edit them there.

Hope it works...

Dave

mkapfhammer
03-12-2007, 08:37 PM
is the control rig being driven by an actor/another "character", baked keys or a clip in the story tab?

I would use a new layer or an additive track in the story tab to just offset the position of the IK effector nodes.

but if you really want to edit the f-curves:

if the keys are baked onto the rig, you might need to select the FK node instead of the IK mode (in character controls> show> uncheck IK, to hide the IK effectors) to get to the keys that are actually driving the rig.

if in story tab, select the clip and click the "accept keys" button for that track (A). Then select the IK/FK node you want to mess with and go to the f-curve editor. select the transform you need (you might need to hit the A key to frame all the keys).

Hope this helps!

velarde
03-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Hello Daniel:

I asked this same question last year.

Here's the post. It worked for me using MotionBuilder 7, which should be the same for your 7.5 I think. I haven't touched MB since I finished the animations for that project... :)

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=85&t=326632

Good luck withyour project.

fjv

CGTalk Moderation
03-12-2007, 09:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.