PDA

View Full Version : a problem with a insect rig

benject
03-12-2007, 01:40 PM
hello everyone

i'm working on a insect and i want it to walk automatically when i drag the controller .the main problem is when i rotate the controller and move it , the motion is incorrect.
the attachment is the file and could you please give me some advise about the rig?

thank you very much for your help, and sorry for my poor english.

captainboom
03-13-2007, 11:38 PM
Hey Benject

First To make it "walk automatically " you could use SDK's (Set Driven Keys) , But why would you want it to walk automatically ?

As Far as your rotate problem goes, I think what you are trying to do is just have the whole Leg rotate in X, right?

What I did was (See Attached , Updated file of what I did)

1: I used two SCikSolvers and Parented them to the LFrontLeg_Ctrl.

The first ikHandle is running from the LFrontLeg base Joint to the LFrontLegAnkle and the Second from the LfrontLegAnkle to the LFrontLegToe.

2: I set the pivot point of the Foot Ctrl to the Ankle of the Leg it gives you a nice Rotation from there.

:As well the IKHandles are Sticky. Move the "body_Ctrl You will see what it does.

It's a pretty simple way to do it, but I think it is what you are looking for.maybe?

Tip: Label all your Joints when you get to the Skinning process it makes it less crazy, plus it is a good habit to get in to..

Hopes this Helps

Later

Jason McArthur

benject
03-17-2007, 06:56 AM
hi jason

Thank you for your kindly Advise.
1.I have thought of using a SDK but there 's a limitation that i could not change the number easily when i set them ,also, i 'm plan to add an attribute on the controller to change the distance of each step when the insect walks .(may be there's another way to do this by using the SDK?)

I want the automatic just because i want to save some time for the animator in setting keyframe with the insect.If there 's a scene contain a numerous of insects it with make them crazy ...

I will check the file out later .

Thanks again.

Benject

CGTalk Moderation
03-17-2007, 06:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.