PDA

View Full Version : Shake 4 on linux help

pizovic
03-12-2007, 06:39 AM
Hello guys my friend from work has sold me his comp with latest fedora Linux and he has give me his cd shake 4 for Linux it is original box and all. Shake that he installed dos not run he told me, so he told me to install new copy, he told me to just copy all files on to desk top and then he told me to go in to shake folder + bin and click on shake but I get some choices here run in terminal, display, cancel and run when I click on run nothing happens but when I click on run in terminal I se a black screen flash and nothing. I have newer used Linux in my life I am windows guy so how can I get my shake to run. I all ready have all file on my desktop such as BIN, DOC, FONTS, ICONS, INCLUDE, KEYS, LIB, ICONS.APK. What do I have to do here please if you can tell me step by step I would really like to learn shake I think it would go nicely with my Animation at work. Maybe get a promotion heheheh

Here is the response I got from vfx talk

Try to lauch shake from the terminal. At least you will see what kind of error he gives you.
If you lauch shake from the icon in the bin folder, you don't have time to see what's happen in the consol.
With experience it is ofently graphic card's driver problem.
What is your graophic card

MY ANSWER BUT no body replied at vfx talk

this is what i get full message.

[enes@localhost -]$ '/home/enes/desktop/shake-v4.00.0687/bin/shake'/home/enes/desktop/shake-v4.00.0607/bin/shkx.exe: error while loding shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory

and my graphic card is diamond s80 128mb radeon 9200 se pci secendary

thanks guys for help

beaker
03-12-2007, 09:05 PM
You need to add the shake bin/lib folder to your $PATH. Also make sure you have the 3d accelerated drivers installed for your video card. One issue though is ATI makes really bad opengl drivers for linux, so Shake may or may not run (or it might crash a lot).

NEO^AMiGA
03-14-2007, 07:13 PM
Hello guys my friend from work has sold me his comp with latest fedora Linux and he has give me his cd shake 4 for Linux it is original box and all. /../ snippedi snappedi snopp /../

and my graphic card is diamond s80 128mb radeon 9200 se pci secendary

thanks guys for help

This should help you out.
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=12&t=401059&highlight=etch

pizovic
03-15-2007, 06:34 AM
thanks for that link but i havr no idead what he is saying since i am new to linux

and beaker can you be more spacific on this (You need to add the shake bin/lib folder to your $PATH.)

thanks guys

beaker
03-15-2007, 08:12 AM
Read the linked thread above and the further linked thread in there. They talk about adding different variables to your .bash_profile.

TAVO
03-21-2007, 07:43 PM
how can you want to learn shake in linux without know anything about Linux, that is going to be very difficult, try at least the basic commands ant that stuff, im telling you this because im learning Linux and using Blender a little, you are going to love linux.

DoubleSupercool
03-30-2007, 12:36 PM
I used shake on ubuntu for 5 mths with fxphd.com, not knowing anything about linux. There is not much you need to know if all you want to do is run shake.

thugLife
04-03-2007, 03:38 AM
You may be able to get around this issue by sim linking (making alaias) to the .so lib that shake is looking for. I have had to do this with licenses servers running on Core 6 that wanted all the libs from Core 4.

You can also set a Kernal mode call to emulate an earlier kernal build. That some times works too.

CGTalk Moderation
04-03-2007, 03:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.