PDA

View Full Version : vue renderer

Drag-N
03-11-2007, 08:52 PM
How well does the Vue renderer perform compared to other renderers?

Cheers
03-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Well, it's old style scanline, so it isn't the most resource friendly renderer in the world. E-on really should rewrite it so as to include bucket rendering and having an option as to how many threads you require to render. There are plenty of options for ray counts, texture filtering etc, but they take time to get use to.
In my opinion it takes too much effort to get "clean" renders when compared to Fprime, Final Render or Modo's internal renderer.
It's not a pyhsical accurate render and have noticed little annoying things such as lights shining through SSS shaders cast a solid shadow etc.
If I were to give it marks out of 10...hmm maybe 7/10. Not a bad renderer, but needs more work.

Cheers

pcbyers
03-15-2007, 06:05 AM
No Buckets? So does that mean the cows only work on separate frames, not pieces of the image?

------------
I'm a render cow. Moooooooo.....

mwalter1
03-15-2007, 03:11 PM
When you use rendercows for stills, the picture is split up into parts. Each cow takes a tile and works on that. For animations, I think each cow takes a frame.

CGTalk Moderation
03-15-2007, 03:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.