PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Maya 8.5 to MB 7.5

DaveMation
03-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Hi all,
Does anyone have problems with sending the MB 7.5 files "gettingstarted" from Maya 8.5 to MB 7.5?

When I export from Maya I get :-
Warning: Animation curve tangent type changed to User

With the description of :-
The plug-in has changed some FCurves tangents type to User to ensure interoperability. This mode change will not affect the FCurve's values

Then exporting the file back to Maya from MB I get :-
Warning: BindPose - Incomplete BindPose [nodes parents](3)

With the description of :-
The following parent and/or ancestor node(s) is/are not part of the BindPose definition.
Null
Null
Null

Is this a problem with the FBX plugin in MB? Does it need updating to the latest version?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Dave

DaveMation
03-15-2007, 01:23 AM
So i decided to rig and skin my own character and see what MB did with that. This appeared to work pretty much fine with a bit of work in MB, anyway..

I exported the FBX animation back to Maya 8.5 and all i get is basically the animation, but displayed as circles and no sign of my character.

I can play the anim back and see the basic walk i setup represented by the circles, (http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6872/nopolyssy2.jpg)

Any ideas what happened in the transfer back to MB7.5 guys?

I'm Very puzzled with this....

Dave

skater363636
04-12-2007, 03:38 AM
I've been having a lot of issues with this kind of thing as well. I've been having trouble getting the motion from MB back into Maya and I'm using 8.5 and 7.5. For awhile things work working really well with the new versions but then in the last few weeks I've been having som major issues. It looks like that the circles are joints. If you look in the hyper graph and see that they are joints just shrink them down. If you want the motion in it'll depend on what kind of merge your doing. If your using exclusive merge then just make sure your character is in the file. I've been having problems with all three kinds of merges.

CGTalk Moderation
04-12-2007, 03:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.