PDA

View Full Version : How to render Vue Scene in Maya.??

Ministry
03-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Hi all,
I'm currently using maya 8 and i ve tried with vue 6xstream pluged in.. I could render a still image in maya but i can't batch render them. it says a fatal error has occured and it simply stops.. Whats the problem.? if anybody had faced the similar problem and figured a way out please let me know.. Any suggestion is worth a million
thanks in advance.

artleon
03-16-2007, 08:44 PM
well i'm getting issues but not fatal. i have created procedural mountains in vue 6 xstream and taken them into maya 8. after i add grass to my procedural terrains and even a plane that i created in maya i do a batch render and portions of the grass in certain frames don't render they get clipped. it does the same thing with auto clip render checked or not. i even did a check and rendered just the frames that do that as a still and same result. i have the near clip at 0.01 and far clip at 10,000. my only guess is to increase the far clip even higher the clipping occurs in different locations each time it does occur. and it's not the entire object just a portion.

daof
03-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Hello:

I'm having the same problem that Ministry has. Single frame render can do it OK. But any kind, setting, flavor of Batch render (Maya or Maya Software) can NOT do it.
If it is an un-saved document It displays the FATAL ERROR message but
I've noticed that if you save the vue file on the vue UI window as a vue file, then it "pretends" to start but it isn't able to render a single frame (sits on forever on 0% rendered of frame #001)
I think it must to be the version of Vue (build 288741)..
Ministry: did you solve your problem?.. how did you do it?... what release of vue 6 are you using?

rockyj123
03-21-2007, 12:00 PM
try to update your view version.....theres a fix for batch rendering

daof
03-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Yes that's right, you must have at least build 289182 to have this issue solved. Thanks you'all for your significant help

CGTalk Moderation
03-21-2007, 04:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.