PDA

View Full Version : You are rendering a sequence with no assigned file. Frames may be lost.

ZAZ3D
03-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Hey hows it going? I am getting this errow YOU ARE RENDERING A SEQUENCE WITH NO ASSIGNED FILE. FRAMES MAY BE LOST. DO YOU WANT TO CONTINUE. So I continue and it seemingly renders. Then my AVI output is one frame. I found this question once time on the internet in some obscure forum but it didn't answer the question. Some guy said you have to save to .MAX first then do all that. But I already saved the animation to a .max first. At any rate what seems to be the trouble with this. THANKS, ZAZ3D!

pokoy
03-11-2007, 08:14 PM
you should specify an output path (the 'File...' button somewhere in the rendering window's general tab) for the file, otherwise the frames/film will be rendered but not saved...

another tip: consider rendering the frames as a sequence (just save as tif or tga or whatever, they will be numbered automaticly) and making the avi or any other format using another application. you'll not going to lose the whole animation if the pc hangs up or isn't able to write the whole animation to the hard disk because of too little hd space.

you'll find much more answers in the forums here regarding this topic, i suggest to do a search :)

ZAZ3D
03-12-2007, 11:27 AM
This is 3ds Max 9. I don't see a place in the rendering window to specify and output path. I will have to keep looking I guess. Thanks for the tips however. I hope someone else knows about this error or warning. Like I said on the net in a forum someone had the same question and situation but the answer wasn't given. So I am not alone. Maybe I am wrong but I think they want to leave out documentation on their product so we have to spend more on books or schooling. lol. Anyone with answers please ad what you can. Thank you.:thumbsup:

coldside-digital
03-13-2007, 05:50 AM
In your render dialog (F10) scroll down slowly. Towards the bottom there is a box that says 'Save file...' Click on it and select where you want to render the file to and what type (avi, mov, jpg sequence, ect.). Then hit okay. Hit render.

darthviper107
03-13-2007, 04:39 PM
It's not a program bug, it's just telling you that you are rendering an animation but haven't setup the program to save yet. In the Rendering window(F10) scroll down to the section that says Render Output, click the button on the right that says Files and then choose the file name, location, and format and hit OK, then when you render the animation it will save it.

And 3ds Max has very good documentation, just go to Help>User Reference and you've got the full documentation.

scrimski
03-13-2007, 04:52 PM
Lol. Two people don't know how to render, so it must be a bug. Shame on you Autodesk. :D

ZAZ3D
03-14-2007, 12:38 PM
Thanks everyone. Oh the bug for me was the fact that I didn't realize that the render box scrolled. I stretched it so now I see all the functionality options. Who would have thought ha? lol. I think I should be able to follow along now. I can't wait to get over the learning curve so I can call 3ds Max my own. Even if I create a few things that is just the tip of the iceberg so to speak I can still call it my own. Maybe I will create my own custom futuristic transportation. I hope I will do something cool like that later

CGTalk Moderation
03-14-2007, 12:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.