PDA

View Full Version : duplicating Objects controlled by parameter collector

whtnoise
03-11-2007, 04:05 AM
I'm trying to use parameter collector to animate a cabbage. I have a single leaf setup with morphs and bends, and a parameter collection to control it all, including the rotation of the bend gizmos.
It works fine on the one leaf.
But i need 12 leaves, all independently controllable, not instanced.

When I duplicate the parameter collection, all it does it control the original leaf.
Shouldn't there be a way to retarget the duplicate parameter collection so it can control a duplicate of the leaf?

I've tried every method I can come up with , including making new scenes, renaming and re-merging the leaf with a renamed collection... Nothing works.

This is the first time I've used the parameter collector, but I've got a pretty firm grasp of the functions after hours trying to find a way to make it do what I need. What exactly is the point of being able to duplicate a parameter collection if the duplicate cannot be used on another object? infuriating.

jadedchron
03-25-2007, 07:38 AM
Hi, I don't have a good deal of experience with the Parameter Collector, but when you create the duplicated rollout, shouldn't you reflect the changes in which the parameters are being pointed to? As far as I know, if you duplicate it, it only makes sense that it'd control the original object.

CGTalk Moderation
03-25-2007, 07:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.