PDA

View Full Version : Snowbike, Bambam (3D)

bambam
03-03-2003, 09:27 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/3892/snowbike_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/3892/snowbike.jpg)

Hi All

Thought you might like to see some of my latest images.

The snow and ice was done with a beta plug-in called subScatter by Mark Davies(of rayDiffuse fame) as you can see the results are very nice.(please don't bug mark about this)

For you maya users I've also posted a new tutorial on my home page under tips.

http://home.attbi.com/~tstoeger/

http://home.attbi.com/~tstoeger/machines/highRez/bikeMove1.jpg http://home.attbi.com/~tstoeger/machines/highRez/bikeNsnow5-5.jpg

Daveaustin
03-03-2003, 09:38 PM
fantastic styling! my personal fav is the first image.. the "action" shot.. you've got a lot of little touches in this that all add up to a really nice image!

are you gonna post any concept work for this? cos i'd love to see your design process for this type of 'bike' :thumbsup:

skilled vē
03-03-2003, 09:44 PM
wow im likin this great texturing, can we see a wire?......also the concept to great work man i love it :buttrock:

coboman
03-03-2003, 10:36 PM
Why isn't this in the front page? And why so little comments?
This is great work, the design is very original and it looks functional. The first image has a very nice porduction design and really looks like a part of a story. The particles look a little bit phony and the splash behind the vehicle looks like a smudge done in photoshop, but it gives the idea.
I love the helmet, very nice.

The second image is OK, but can't compare with the first. The ice looks "painted", like made in another technique than the rest of the picture. The proportions of the girl are a little bit off. The shoulders too wide and the chest... the chest looks weird.

Impressive Industrial Design, congrats.

Ultragames
03-03-2003, 11:00 PM
:scream: FRONT PAGE

Nice work. I love the style!

ShwayMan
03-03-2003, 11:33 PM
That's really awesome. Wicked one-wheel design. Very cool, pun intended.

nanabaky
03-03-2003, 11:37 PM
raaaaah lovely ! cool design ! technicaly, the bike is perfect and the 'how to use' picture gives in a nice ambience. Very nice !

S_3D_A
03-03-2003, 11:42 PM
Very inspiring work my friend. :)

dragunzng
03-04-2003, 12:07 AM
Cool, very Star Warsy! Really nice work man.

MrHappyPants
03-04-2003, 12:18 AM
wow! dont have much to say except it looks like he would be very sore if he rode that for too long.. his ankles are bent in pretty harshly.. reads kinda funny. but then again hes a cyborg/robot thingy sooooo... :thumbsup:

unrealwarfare
03-04-2003, 12:21 AM
wow! i love the concept! i wonder if anyone has this in mind for a real-life machinery... that would be cool. the snow scene is awesome, and a great atmosphere! 5 stars!:thumbsup:

aenema
03-04-2003, 12:23 AM
very very cool! awesome model/textures/render!! :thumbsup:

My Fault
03-04-2003, 12:24 AM
The mono-mobile looks awesome in action. Great design! The girl's proportions seem a bit off though, as coboman mentioned, and her pose is real stiff.

Looks good so far and look forward to seeing more. Any chance you'll be animating it? :thumbsup:

Blair
03-04-2003, 12:43 AM
Nice work. An american in Utah built a V8 monocycle, grunty thing, he's speed testing it on the Utah Saltplains he recons it can go up to 160 KM/h. Your design look's a lot more impressive than the real thing though. I found the article in FHM (for him magazine) now I can say I read it for the articles.:thumbsup:

Mr.FeelNothing
03-04-2003, 12:47 AM
I love the idea, very original. It's very well done. Good job.:thumbsup:

mucksmear
03-04-2003, 12:54 AM
brilliant, love the first image.
One crit: direction of light on the moon is opposite the direction of the light on your subject. Of course I'm assuming that that the same light source was meant to illuminate the moon and the subject. If not, please disregard my crit!

regards,
-Elliot

Jeffo
03-04-2003, 12:55 AM
Wow! i really love the design on her vehicle! very original, and the rendered image looks awesome!! keep it up! :thumbsup:

stephen2002
03-04-2003, 01:14 AM
looks great, interesting design, can't really spot any major flaws. I like the first one better than the second.

WhiteBlaizer
03-04-2003, 01:24 AM
Very nice design in snow vehicle, but i feel "so squared" the girl. You may give her better forms and curves.

Keep up the good work!

E.Z. Schwartz
03-04-2003, 01:24 AM
That's really cool. I have one question and one critique. The question, how does the vehicle turn? The critique, the spread of her legs and the way her feet are pointed forwards doesn't look right. If you try to sit like that it's really uncomfortable, and you couldn't hold it for long if you even could bend that way. The picture and vehicle are really cool though! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ezra

CDS
03-04-2003, 01:35 AM
Very cool concept, and extremely well executed! What can I say but "WELL DONE"!

drunkirishmic
03-04-2003, 01:49 AM
no offense, just thought it was funny. it reminds me if "it" on southpark. lol

nicely done dude

kyphur
03-04-2003, 01:54 AM
It would suck if she hit the breaks too fast and the wheel kept turning from her weight being so high up on the top. THUDUMP! THUDUMP! THUDUMP! THUDUMP! THUDUMP! Girlie Pancake or better yet, a self contained speed bump for the vehicle!

I do like the design though but I see it as pretty impractical in a realworld situation.

Kyph

CDS
03-04-2003, 02:06 AM
...one a side note:

One thing, from an engineering point of view would be a functional suspension system, or else the rider is gonna get his/her groin/nads hammerd!

Another problem would be track surface area, there just isnt enough to support a rider in deep snow.

I still really like the concept.

Ionized
03-04-2003, 02:42 AM
Very cool idea and executed well. I love things that couldn't possibly function in the real world!

I'd love to see more dramatic shots like the first one. The girl seems a bit detatched from it in the second shot. Maybe have her draped seductively over it??!:drool:

XTBAD
03-04-2003, 02:45 AM
:beer: :beer:

Excellent work, i love the freeze frame of action. Like some kind of crazy midnight arctic chase set in the snowcovered future. Great stuff. If you can post some 'in progress' images that would be cool to see.

dark_lotus
03-04-2003, 03:45 AM
Very nice!!!

The Ice in the wheel is an awesome touch!

Nicodemus
03-04-2003, 03:51 AM
GREAT JUMPING MONKEY BALLS....:buttrock:

That is sooooo cool.

I really like the design and the texturing is great.

The feel of the first shot is great. The second is nice but the action in the first feels really cool.

L

piajartist
03-04-2003, 04:04 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!! Thats damn good. I must admit, thats at the top of the list in modeling and teexturing, just all of it rolled in one.:applause: :applause:

Finkster
03-04-2003, 04:21 AM
Very nice work there. An chance of letting us know how you achieve the translucent effect on the ice materials in the second image.
Thanks!

scott2600
03-04-2003, 04:31 AM
nice job :beer:

stunndman
03-04-2003, 04:32 AM
the action shot is pretty amazing - are we going to see an animation of this ?

and to satisfy my curiosity - what did you render this with ? and the subScatter plugin ? any chance Mark Davis is going to release this sooner or later ?

rexfang
03-04-2003, 05:09 AM
fantastic!!:thumbsup:
I really like your work!! Great work:buttrock:

bambam
03-04-2003, 05:33 AM
Yes mark will release the subScatter plug-in but i don't know when.
As far as rider suspension goes the seat goes down to allow the rider to get on and is suspended over the track and is then dampend.
The bike can't roll over cause it is gyro balanced(I love mak'n this stuff up)
The sitting position does look a little spread out but its about the same as sitting on a horse

Don't know if I'll animate it

http://home.attbi.com/~tstoeger/images/bikeShock.gif
http://home.attbi.com/~tstoeger/images/snowBikeWire.jpg

Nightwing
03-04-2003, 07:35 AM
Great concept, great modelling, great texturing :thumbsup:

Any chance you could post some detail shots of the snowbike? Looks like you went to a lot of trouble to model the details...

Girl's nice, but I agree with some posters that her form could use a bit of tweakage.

Edit: Actually I've changed my mind about the girl, checked out some shots on your website (great work btw) and I reckon there's nothing u should change :)

xeno
03-04-2003, 09:42 AM
awesomeness! really like this one! great concept, superb detail! :thumbsup:

Fitharn
03-04-2003, 10:56 AM
Damn, details at infinitum. Really a great piece of art.

The snoweffect adds greatly to the ambience.:thumbsup:

lildragon
03-04-2003, 11:01 AM
I love it, the first one is just very very cool. I like the environment and the entire image itself. Only thing is, I'm not overally convinced its "moving" I know you got the blur and such going there, but something isn't quite right :)

But for the first image you have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Very good work.

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_mar03.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com for the award .psd file

salud

xyth
03-04-2003, 12:12 PM
Hiya,

I really like the first image as many of us.

Maybe it's only me but I would recommend to put some snow on the wheels if they're moving in snow. Now it is too clean.

And furhter addition could be some snow what stuked on the bike.

Great job!
-xyth

gom3z
03-04-2003, 02:07 PM
That's pretty cool stuff you've got there.
Very nice rendering too (specially the first one)

I can't really figure out how you maneuver it though

Proctor
03-04-2003, 03:42 PM
I think the little "snowballs" laying on the ground should be motionblurred alot more since the camera is so close. Then there will be more feeling of speed to the picture.

Clever and beautiful made that "bike" thing :)

john doe
03-04-2003, 04:50 PM
i really like the concept of this snow bike....it looks really cool and original...great work man, so when are u gona animate it? plus why don't you do more variations of this bike, cos i think it would look cool even without the ski at the side, maybe one version of the bike on a highway :thumbsup:

Meaty
03-04-2003, 04:51 PM
totally cool, great concept and great execution, bravo

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Sublime
03-04-2003, 05:47 PM
Looks great! I like the thought that this could actually be a machine. It looks like a solid design to me. :buttrock:

Nice work.

RobertoOrtiz
03-04-2003, 07:48 PM
Nice desing!
Do you have a background in industrial desing?

draconix
03-05-2003, 01:29 AM
The details :eek:

I love the first image. The second one is also cool though.

The bike design is interesting, the snow and ice is cool. The next time I'm considering skimping on the details I'll remember this :thumbsup:

khangle81
03-05-2003, 02:46 AM
cool concept! I might have to steal it now...hehehe...congrat!!!

Lunatique
03-05-2003, 04:38 AM
AWESOME design.

edaddy
03-05-2003, 06:38 AM
i like the pic but i do have one stupid crit to give... shouldn't the threads on the tire be going the other way? i mean the way that they're going now i can't imagine it would get any grip on the ice..:shrug: ..... but the design of the bike is highly original

Daveaustin
03-05-2003, 09:51 AM
hey.. i've already replied to this thread, but i thought i would again... i've just thought of something that might look cool[ish]

did you think of making it into a 2 seater at all? the second person could be seated inside the wheel, mounted above the engine? :shrug: just a thought :thumbsup:

Eye
03-06-2003, 06:53 PM
Cool!! It actually looks like something that might exist in a few years! Love the action shot!

nathan 3d
03-06-2003, 07:32 PM
man, I can't get over how good that first scene looks. Great job.

Guirnaldo
03-07-2003, 10:24 AM
And I think I like it, I like!! Fresh like mentos!! :buttrock:

Nice modeling on the snowMobile and nice particle stuff on the snow, lighting is excellent

Or in one word: Bravo! :applause:

bambam
03-07-2003, 11:09 AM
thanks all for the input and nice words
time to get back to some projects that pay me in money

I'm planning on doing more with this so keep an eye out for some more threads in the not to distant future

Paul Spence
04-16-2003, 11:29 PM
:bounce:

great concept and visual, I like the idea of a two seater :o)

:thumbsup:

infectedMIND
09-02-2004, 08:45 PM
Good Work!
Well Done:thumbsup:

psycho1
11-29-2004, 07:21 PM
man i love this. great job man, i wish i was able to ride that bad boy
keep up the great work.

ROCK ON:twisted: :buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.