PDA

View Full Version : Help with SmoothCam

ClessMac
03-10-2007, 01:53 AM
Okay, so, I'm trying to work out some little kinks in a dolly/pan shot introduced by the CO and focus-puller not quite dancing the same dance. I want to maintain the overall motion of the shot but just take out the little problems, which sounds like a perfect job for SmoothCam.

Unfortunately, there's a kink (isn't there always?): the shot starts slow, a slow dolly-in on a character with slight panning (where most of the problems are) from frame 0-225, followed by a whip pan from 225-309 (not incredibly fast, but fast enough) which I want to maintain 'cause it looks good, followed by some simple (but uneven) panning from 309-the end. I'm having trouble figuring out a good way to have SmoothCam ignore the center portion of the clip and just smooth out the beginning and end. Limiting the range of analysis to 0-225,309-422 causes it to absolutely flip out in the middle, and turning down the translationSmooth parameter via keyframes during that portion either creates odd motion before and after, or is completely ignored (I can't figure out why it's one or the other). Is there any good way to accomplish what I want here?

CGTalk Moderation
03-10-2007, 01:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.