PDA

View Full Version : Modeling a Dragon Wing

Coll
03-09-2007, 11:38 PM
I am an animator and novice modeler. I am trying to make a dragon for a short I plan to do, but I can't figure out how to make a wing. I've made a simple test model in Max comprised of a forearm and two"fingers" with the wing fabric spread between them. The whole whing is one mesh. The arm and fingers are attached to the bones via the Physique modifier, but the vertices of the fabric are still uncontrolled.

My question to the forums is, how can I get the Cloth modifier to only affect part of a mesh? I've tried Poly Select with no success. My ultimate goal is to simply control the "fingers," having the membrane controlled by gravity and inertia, stretching and folding like a real wing.

Any and All Help is Appreciated,
Coll

RealWicked
03-15-2007, 04:39 PM
Hello Coll :)

I'm buzzy with my second character (not human but a dragon)

I made the wings just with a poly-plane and move the vertex to the vingers of the wing.
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/7727/dragonyj0.jpg

No idea if its a tip for you...thats my second work I do in maya so also first time I made a wing :P
Gl ;)

Wicked

CGTalk Moderation
03-15-2007, 04:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.