PDA

View Full Version : IKHandle problem!!! Help!

Xenophobe
03-09-2007, 11:19 PM
After smooth binding, painting weights, adding influence objects and corrective blendshapes to a character, I started creating controls for it. The problem appeared right on my first step: when I inserted an IKHandle in the model's leg (from the hip to the ankle), the knee rotated a little and I couldn't straighten the leg when moving the handle all the way down!

Another problem related to this: when I create an inverse foot control and parent my foot joints to it, I get the following error in the Script Editor when trying to bind pose the model:

// Warning: Could not reach pose on left_hip rotate. //

// -- IK may need to be disabled on this joint.

// Warning: Could not reach pose on left_knee rotate. //

// Warning: Skipped pose on left_3rddfinger2_IO_in due to new parent. Parent when pose was saved was world. //

// -- To ensure pose is correct below this joint, add an extra transform above this joint, restore the old parent or manually position the joint to the correct bindPose.

// To disable IK, constraints, and expressions, you can use the Modify->DisableNodes menu.

Other connections can be broken using the script editor.

// Or, to reset the saved pose on a joint, select the joint and enter 'dagPose -reset -name bindPose1'.

// Error: Pose not achieved. See diagnostics in Script Editor. //

What does "left_3rddfinger2_IO" (one of my influence objects) have to do with this???

Does a simple solution exist for this?? I can't imagine myself doing the skinning process all over again!

Below are some pictures before/after the handle placement:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/dboechat/CGTalk/Clip.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/dboechat/CGTalk/Clip_2.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Xenophobe
03-10-2007, 12:53 AM
I've tried detaching the skin, deleting every influence object and blendshape from my scene. After smooth binding again, I got the same problem, but with no reference to my influence object:

// Warning: Could not reach pose on left_hip rotate. //

// Warning: Could not reach pose on left_knee rotate. //

// To disable IK, constraints, and expressions, you can use the Modify->DisableNodes menu.

Other connections can be broken using the script editor.

// Or, to reset the saved pose on a joint, select the joint and enter 'dagPose -reset -name bindPose1'.

// Error: Pose not achieved. See diagnostics in Script Editor. //

Xenophobe
03-10-2007, 02:01 AM
And here's a ZIP file with both the problematic scene and an older version that's ok. If someone can find what's wrong I would be grateful.

Both files are for Maya 8.5 so I've saved them as .ma for you to change the version numbers inside them if necessary.

Thanks again...

http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/105949/IKHANDLE-zip.html

Xenophobe
03-10-2007, 11:17 AM
I've done a little research and found out that the bind pose problem is normal when applying IK solvers, but I still don't understand why the knee is bended. It looks as if the IK is a "short cord" that's preventing the leg from straighten up.

captainboom
03-15-2007, 03:22 AM
Hey

I tried to open the Files in Maya 7, but when I change the .Ma file . all I get is a Skl in the Scene....

Odd really

Would love to help, but I can't tell what is going down from your pics...

Sorry

Jason

Xenophobe
03-17-2007, 08:23 PM
Nervermind, I've solved it.... Some joints had rotation limits...

Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
03-17-2007, 08:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.