PDA

View Full Version : problem with the transporter particle and some effects

tommychan
03-03-2003, 08:21 PM
hi everybody,

i am a beginner of combustion, and now i am using it for my project.

for some reason, i cannot find a way to place the transporter beam properly in the footage, where i see in the preview window is a area of line (and in fact i also see that it is a area emitter in the shape option). I can only see a line in my footage whatever which emitter tool i use, and i have been trying to adjust the settings but i cant manged to make it look as same as the one in the preview window, how can i solve the problem?

there are a few more visual effects i want to do.... the first one is to create a bubble around a person, as a sheild. then when something is trying to hit the bubble, there will have some ripple effects on the surface of the bubble.

the next one is a person sitting on the floor, and i want to make it sinking down to the floor, and again there are some ripple effects on the floor around the person.

hope those are not too difficult and big thanks for anybody who help

Tommy Chan
BSc Multimedia Technology and Design
University of KENT, UK

Jack Pfeiffer
03-07-2003, 03:11 PM
Hey...

You have some good questions... And I was going to answer this one for you, BUT I already saw that you got your answer over at: FXGuide.

http://www.fxguide.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=172

bye,

JACK

tommychan
03-08-2003, 03:38 AM
Hi Jack,

Thanks alot...and I have already sort out my problem.

Tommy Chan
BSc Multimedia Technology and Design
University of KENT, UK

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.