PDA

View Full Version : how can i use Motion capture reference on facial rigging..

sakroda
03-09-2007, 08:08 PM
Hi
As i told in my title how i can do that?I seek it in search but i coudlnt find good tips..Can you tell me what i need for that..What do i have to do first..if i give you a tips pls check out this link you will understand what i mean...but its on XSI..i want it to do in maya..if you help me,i will be so happy
thank you..
http://www.softimage.com/products/face_robot/video_gallery/Default.aspx

futurcraft
03-10-2007, 07:20 AM
Pick up the Art of Rigging book by Cg Toolkit... Volume 3 explains the whole process of what you are loooking for...

Hope tht helps...

Nikhil.

sakroda
03-10-2007, 08:49 AM
thank you i will do that..

futurcraft
03-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Good Luck!

sakroda
03-11-2007, 08:39 AM
Good Luck!
Hi futucraft
Actually i know what iam looking for..
iam just wondering how it became that kind of jobs..i posted a video if you watch it you will understand what i mean....i mean a character's face will change to creature..i want to do this..what i need too for this??if you tell me that maybe it can be easy..
thank you..
http://rapidshare.com/files/20461286/creature.avi

futurcraft
03-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Hi sakroda..

I was not able to get that rapidshare link to work for me.. but going by what you are saying.. if I wanted a similar morph from a human face to a creature's face... then the most straightforward way would be to construct a multiple number of in-between modelling shapes of the face & use them as in-between targets for a blendshape node which would finally do the morph for you... Keep in mind that while using blendshapes, the vertex movement is linear. but since we need a non-linear more natural change, you will have to strike a balance between how many in-between shapes you may require for the blendshape animation to give a realistic result...

Hope tht helps...

Nikhil.

CGTalk Moderation
03-11-2007, 10:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.