PDA

View Full Version : Removing lines.

FreakyDude
03-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Hello,

I haven't used photoshop in some time, so if this sounds nooby, please indulge me.

My employer wants me to clean up a number of photo's of metal objects, like pipes, clamps, railings general architecual stuff and such.
A number of these railings and pipes have lines to follow the material. So they are all either vertical or horizontal. I can't upload an image from here, which would explain the problem better. But I need to get rid of th lines and finish with a nice equally colored metal object.
Is there an easy way (filter or such) to do this? I've been mucking around with the clone stamp to get the same material, but that is a very VERY delicate process.
Does anyone know how I could best go about this?

noouch
03-09-2007, 02:03 PM
There's a healing brush tool (the one right above the clonestamp in CS) that might be helpful. On the same button there's also a kind of healing lasso for larger bits.

nSomnius
03-10-2007, 08:14 AM
As with all things Photoshop, it depends. A sample image would go a long way toward getting you a targeted response. My first thought is Power Median, one tool in the Optipix set of PS plugins from Reindeer Graphics. Again, wihout seeing the problem you can't expect much of an answer.

FreakyDude
03-12-2007, 09:00 PM
well thanks for the answers, I kinda used a mixture of things, such as the healing brush, but most off al just manual clone stamping. It doesn't look all that spectacular, but it looks a lot cleaner than it did before so my employer is happy. I need to do more though, I like brushing up on my PS skills, before I get drawn into full blown 3D renders I'm supposed to make out of everything LOL.

CGTalk Moderation
03-12-2007, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.