PDA

View Full Version : .FBX mac and pc version conflicts?

danb
03-09-2007, 11:39 AM
I'm trying to get some .fbx files into electric image, from motion builder and cinema 4d. I have weighted and exported the character as a .fbx from cinema 4d. I open the .fbx file in motion builder and characterize it, add and plot all animation. I do all this on my PC.

Then i transfer this file to a Mac g5. I then try to open it in electric image animation system but the weightmaps are not imported.

Is this a conflict with using a pc version of the .fbx scene on a mac? Or is this an electric image problem?

Sammer
03-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Hey Dan,

I'm onlly running on Mac's here but I've never seen anyone post with a problem of using fbx files between operating systems in any forums.

I'm guessing you don't have MB on the mac system to chack to make sure it opens there by eleminating opererating system and MB as the problem.

Should you need it, send me a .fbx file saved on PC and I'll make sure it will open on Mac.

I've never used Electric Image so I can't help there... their website says it can handle .fbx and with the ability to render cross platform, you'd think that 'platform' wouldn't be an issue.

Good luck.

Sam

danb
03-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Hey Dan,

I'm onlly running on Mac's here but I've never seen anyone post with a problem of using fbx files between operating systems in any forums.

I'm guessing you don't have MB on the mac system to chack to make sure it opens there by eleminating opererating system and MB as the problem.

Should you need it, send me a .fbx file saved on PC and I'll make sure it will open on Mac.

I've never used Electric Image so I can't help there... their website says it can handle .fbx and with the ability to render cross platform, you'd think that 'platform' wouldn't be an issue.

Good luck.

Sam

Hi Samer,

I have it working in MB 5 as of now. But i found a bug in the .fbx 5 export, so now i need to try to export using .fbx 6. Electric image seems to only import .fbx 5's. Hopefully i'll find a work around.

Thanks for the offer, but i'm pretty sure now that there is no conflict with pc and mac versions.

onikaze
03-11-2007, 08:39 PM
There should be a converter for fbx files on the autodesk site that should let you downgrade the fbx 6 file to fbx 5

CGTalk Moderation
03-11-2007, 08:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.