PDA

View Full Version : Modding the Torque Engine. Need Help!

Gamoron
03-03-2003, 03:01 PM
Hi guys. I'm fooling around with the Torque Engine. I'm making a small mod. Anyways I've made a pretty decent map, but everytime I try to change some of the code files I can't run the map. What programs do I need to look into the executable? If I can get in there then maybe I can fiddle around with all the settings and get something decent to work.

Gamoron
03-03-2003, 04:04 PM
Is there a freeware .exe editor out there?

Krystman
03-03-2003, 06:36 PM
There is no such Thing as an 'exe editor'. The only thing that comes close to what you have described is a decompiler but I doubt if that would help you if you are no assebler-god.

I think this is no Question for a Game Art Design forum... How about asking the guys who made the Engine?

sic1
03-03-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Krystman
There is no such Thing as an 'exe editor'. The only thing that comes close to what you have described is a decompiler but I doubt if that would help you if you are no assebler-god.

I think this is no Question for a Game Art Design forum... How about asking the guys who made the Engine?

Theres also a Hex Editor... but that's complex if you're really not into it.

Your best bet would be to do what Krystman said, and ask the developers of the engine. Perhaps they can hook you up with a legit SDK, so you can code your mod.

Gamoron
03-03-2003, 07:36 PM
thanks. but I've tried that. Krystman I think its up to bentllama whether or not this is relevant to this section of the forum. It does after all concern game design.

muckywetnoodle
03-03-2003, 07:41 PM
Have you asked on the Garagegames board? The dev. kit licenses are $100 and comes with viewer/debugger stuff. http://www.garagegames.com/

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.