PDA

View Full Version : exporter

gavinb
03-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Hi all,

dont suppose anyone knows or a script or plugin that will allow me to export models from c4d to a file containting a list of quads / tri's that can then be used with a opengl display list? guessing it's kinda uplikely but worth a try :-)

Kuroyume0161
03-07-2007, 07:53 PM
Have you considered exporting as a Wavefront OBJ file and then passing that through some third-party converter for a compliant OGL display list? Why reinvent the wheel? :)

gavinb
03-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Have you considered exporting as a Wavefront OBJ file and then passing that through some third-party converter for a compliant OGL display list? Why reinvent the wheel? :)

very good point, its to be loaded by own own Game engine i have been working on, not very streamlined but manages to get a good fps. will end up prob. changing the file format to one that supports textures, which be on my list after a object loader :-)

CGTalk Moderation
03-07-2007, 08:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.