PDA

View Full Version : Morphing rules.

MDB101
03-03-2003, 05:30 AM
Lets Post some Morphing Rules. It seems that I buggerd myself into more works :) so I just wanna let others know what to do and not to do! so Post the Morphing Rules here :)

My Mistake was, I detached the head from the body right then once I finished all my facial morph targets I then copied the lower body and weld it to each detached head thus leaving the same amout of verticles as the master (morpher modeifier) BUT! ohh noo! stupid mee! lol didnt work... it worked on some targets but the rest of em, the head stayed the same but the body is all screwed up beyond repairs! LOL! Luckly I saved another before that mistake. I was trying to achieve the Seperation Seem between the detatched head from the body.. but I know another way of doing this.. you just add an editable mesh after the Morpher channel. and it works that way. but leaveing all edges visable.. anyways enuf blabbin heres some rules I know of.

Rules:
R#1 Do not delete any Verticles!
R#2 Do not Add Verticles!
R#3 Do not Extrude faces!
Any more ?

sp0rk3d
03-05-2003, 08:55 PM
you can separate the head to do blendshapes..... then re attach it to the original..... you just have to make sure that you add all the blends/morphs to the detached original head BEFORE you re attach it to the body .... you will have a couple extra history nodes like polyUnite and polyMergeEdge... but it works fine....

Jozvex
03-07-2003, 08:29 AM
errr I think he's using Max, not Maya sp0rk.

sp0rk3d
03-08-2003, 05:47 AM
oh, ..... hehe sorry if i confused ya.. :)

:hmm:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.