PDA

View Full Version : point constraint done by reverse calculating hirerarchy's inverse matrix

jdexforwords
03-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Title says all. I know this can be done. Some rig take all of inverse matrix of target's parents and plug into multiMatrix node, so that we can get specific point in world. I've seen some example and it was working exactly same as what point constraint does. But I don't get what is happening inside of multiplication of those inverse matrices. Anyone can give me some pointer? any books covering specifically this topic? or online link would be much better.

nilslerin
03-07-2007, 09:36 AM
I took a course in Linear Algebra and I now know how to calculate the inverse matrice etc. I wouldn't recommend such a course though, the same material can be found and learned quite fast on the internet, just google for 'Linear Algebra' and there are numerous sites that show you how to get the inversematrix of a matrix and what they are.

thematt
03-07-2007, 03:24 PM
sure it would probably work but what exactly is the interest of doing it if it's the same as poinConstraint?

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
03-07-2007, 03:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.