PDA

View Full Version : Shape Manager Animation

marugie
03-07-2007, 07:15 AM
Hi there,

I am creating graffiti 3-D letters growing using the shape manager. I have modelled each letter and created various stages of the letter 'growing' in the shape manager.

Once I have created my shapes I have animated the letter 'growing' within the shape manager panel. I have to use the animation editor within the shape manager to tweak my animations.

Now that I have my model animated I have applied secondary animation to it which I tweak with the normal animation editor in XSI.

My problem is, that if I want to change the duration or speed of the letter growing I am unable to see my keyframes that I created within the shape manager AND my secondary animation keyframes in the animation editor. If I want to tweak my shape animations, I have to go back into the shape editor and view it through the animation editor there.

I have gotten this to work before by mistake but I cannot find a way to see all my keyframes together.

Anyone ?

mkapfhammer
03-07-2007, 08:19 AM
what version of xsi are you using?

marugie
03-07-2007, 08:51 AM
Version 6.0

I actually just think I found a way to do it...by selecting the animtion clips in the mixer and then selecting the letter I have animated..I can view all the keyframes in the graph editor.

mkapfhammer
03-07-2007, 08:54 AM
haha. awesome. that's what I remember it being in 5.11, but I wanted to test it first.

can you post the finished work? I'm a big fan of cg graff.

cheers!

CGTalk Moderation
03-07-2007, 08:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.