PDA

View Full Version : Game Art Comp 3: (AndreKling) : (Inu Yasha : Inu Yasha)

AndreKling
03-03-2003, 03:00 AM
:buttrock: This is the main character of the anime : Inu Yasha.
This is one of the best animes I ever saw. I hope finish him soon, it was really dificult find good references, for do so i had to capture the screen many times :scream: ... Im not sure how to do the texture yet, but will figure out until the deadline.
I have no idea how many polys so far, but hopefully not much hehehe
Any coments are VERY VERY welcome. Btw this is my first post here ever, so im not sure how this thing works, i hope dont destroy everything:)

PS: im going for the anime version, cuz the manga one, use a pink cloths and I think yhe red one is much more COOL!!!!
Andre Kling David

AndreKling
03-03-2003, 02:23 PM
Here is some images of the WIP.
Now i need to do the textures.
1636 tris.
Andre

muckywetnoodle
03-03-2003, 08:56 PM
I am curious how you'd rig that because as it is, if the character lowered it's arms the sleeves would be jabbing almost all the way through the model. Seems they'd work better if the sleeves were rotated 90 degrees around the arm and closer in shape to the arm from the front. (ie: they are modeled as if the character would always be holding their arms up.)

AndreKling
03-03-2003, 09:56 PM
I am curious how you'd rig that because as it is, if the character lowered it's arms the sleeves would be jabbing almost all the way through the model. Seems they'd work better if the sleeves were rotated 90 degrees around the arm and closer in shape to the arm from the front. (ie: they are modeled as if the character would always be holding their arms up.)

Eric I thouht in also rig the shelves. So it also would have bones on it. Im not sure if will work, but gonna be a nice try anyway :)
BTW Thanks for the reply I may put new stuff soon

Temporal
03-04-2003, 12:07 AM
:) I love that anime

I can't really say anything on the model because the pic itself is a bit grainy and the model is a little to far from the view, but I do have some refs for you.
Here, check out www.inuyasha.org
Strangely enough, I was looking for pics of him just yesterday :shrug:

Hope those help some.

PS: Could you perhaps make a new pic with higher quality and upload it somewhere?

AndreKling
03-04-2003, 01:12 AM
Im not sure how to post images on iternet yet ( im stupid, i know :surprised ) but i think u can find some here http://www.andrekling.hpg.ig.com.br/hobbies/
just click on the images
Im starting to do the textures
Andre Kling David

muckywetnoodle
03-04-2003, 04:27 AM
Ah, that should be coo!

Krystman
03-04-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by AndreKling
Im not sure how to post images on iternet

I THINK The problem is that you have a space in your filename ("inu 1.jpg") . Rename the Files on your server and you should be able to post them here with the IMG command.

The Model looks very good but with the remaining 1000 polys, I woud model her face out, especially the Eyes. There are no extra-points for staying so lowpoly ;) ... and Manga faces tend to look like masks with just textures... :shrug:

AndreKling
03-04-2003, 08:52 AM
The Model looks very good but with the remaining 1000 polys, I woud model her face out, especially the Eyes. There are no extra-points for staying so lowpoly ... and Manga faces tend to look like masks with just textures...

Im not sure if i understoo what u said. U mean the final model should be less than 1000 polys? I thought it was 2500. Btw the face has no details in the eyes, and I intend to do the details on the texture. :wavey:

Thnks anyway :)

Andre Kling David

Krystman
03-04-2003, 09:24 AM
*doh* A cool misunderstanding.

What I ment is that you have 864 Polys LEFT because you wrote your model had 1636 and the limit is 2500. So I suggested you use those 1000 polys to put some more details in her face.

AndreKling
03-04-2003, 09:30 AM
*doh* A cool misunderstanding.

What I ment is that you have 864 Polys LEFT because you wrote your model had 1636 and the limit is 2500. So I suggested you use those 1000 polys to put some more details in her face.

Oh i c. I was planing to use those polys to build the Tetsaiga ( the sword he uses ), but i can also better the model.
My objectives are make the better i can with as low polys as possible. I really liked to model LOW POLYS characters, maybe i can build the outhers characters too :)

THNKS
What a heck is texture with power of 2???
Andre Kling David:bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.