PDA

View Full Version : Animating a mask?

danbran
03-03-2003, 02:52 AM
Is there a way to animate a mask's curves? I seem to only be able to animate the layer itself, not the curves on the mask. I'm probably missing something that's right in front of my face.

db

Zimmer
03-03-2003, 02:57 PM
In your layer propertie, in the timeline, open mask properties and put a keys on mask shape, move few frame, change the profile of your mask curve. Done, it's animated.

jussing
03-05-2003, 09:51 AM
I think the easy step is to click the "stop watch" icon to the left of the mask layer.

That'll make the mask animatable, and then, like Zimmer says, move a few frames, and then move the mask points. And then it's animated.

Just be careful about turning off the stop-watch again - you'll lose all your keyframes...

Cheers,
- Jonas

dg
03-15-2003, 08:27 AM
Just a tip!

If you are doing some rotowork don't do a single mas but several for diferent parts of the body like an example, this way you have more control over the bezier animation because them will behave more smoothly.

See Ya!:cool:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.