PDA

View Full Version : dynamically loading...

thumperg04
03-03-2003, 02:10 AM
Back again...
I was wondering if there was a way to dynamically load an html page into a text box or scroll pane. If not into these then what can I load it into.
Just to give an idea of what im trying to do...
I want to have a text box or something that can dynamically input html pages. Two buttons beside the text box decide what will be loaded. one of the html pages will have a pic so it can't be a simple text file.

Please help...:shrug:

Ian Jones
03-03-2003, 08:54 AM
I don't think there is a way to do it easily if you were to try it entirely within flash. I can however think of a way, but it is very, very complicated and purely just and idea atm. It would involve a lot of programming, but basically you would need to write an html parser in Flash that could then interpret (which is what a parser does) and re-display the content in Flash. So for example you'd need to make something that interpretted html markup such as

<br>

which is a line break... and then make it put a line space into Flash. I think that it would be tricky to say the least... especially considering you have to interpret hyperlinks, images, form fields and so on...

I'm sure someone would have another idea, cos I'm just pulling this one out of theory land... :hmm:

Are you aware that you can use Flash with frames and control actions on frame2 for example from within the Flash menu which could be on frame1. Check out my old website for an example of this. Basically it is constructed with two frames and the top one has a *.swf and controls the contents of the bottom frame. It just loads new html pages into frame two if you click on a menu item.

Visit: www.home.acenet.net.au/raeijones/ (http://www.home.acenet.net.au/raeijones/)

You may be able to use a system like this to get what you need.

jadedchron
03-03-2003, 01:13 PM
You could possibly work w/ this flash component http://www.flashcomponents.net/component.cfm?nav=2&id=131
possibly reverse engineer it . might want to check the other components on there as well. check over at flashkit.com and do a search if you haven't already.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.