PDA

View Full Version : Mudbox Timelapse Video

KolbyJukes
03-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Hey Guys,

Did this last week, just a recording of me working on a character for about 45 minutes in mudbox.

This vid just shows how I get started, working in the first few sub-d levels, doing the loose, gestural stuff. Might be interesting to some of you.

right click here, save target as, DivX, (44MB) (http://www.tweakcg.com/work/weredog/Kolby_muddog.avi)

http://www.tweakcg.com/work/weredog.jpg

andyburm
03-06-2007, 11:14 PM
great tut, thanks a lot Kolby

Cameo
03-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Great vid Kolby. Thanks for sharing.

Adam
03-06-2007, 11:37 PM
nice video kolby and good charcter. I had seen the model in your avatar and was waiting to see it on tweak... even better when i get to see it in a timelapse. Thanks

Freewaldo
03-06-2007, 11:53 PM
Good work Kolby but Vince Diesel can do better.

Jocking of corse :D , happy to see you here and may great things fallow up for you this year

crazybread
03-07-2007, 05:58 AM
Great video Kolby. Very educational. :thumbsup:

ha-dou-ken
03-07-2007, 06:06 AM
Thanks Kolby! Much appreciated. DLding now...watching soon.

DarthWayne
03-07-2007, 02:20 PM
I always love to watch others work, as artists we never stop learning and its always good to learn for one another. Although I have came to the conclusion that your video is cursed kolby.... Witout fail every time i open the file, I end up having to do something else.... So if I can just get past the 1st 2 mins without an interuption it'd be cool.

Wayne...

Andy1010
03-08-2007, 02:15 AM
Kolby anytime you want fire up camtasia and just let it go. Thats awesome. Thanks for sharing.

superlayer
03-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Very nice vid.
One at normal speed with comments would be awesome too.

mech7
03-09-2007, 09:59 AM
:thumbsup:awesome and yes i agree normal speed + comments would be really really really great :scream:

Freewaldo
03-10-2007, 05:48 AM
Com'n Kolby make it speech + comments + your GF home phone number and everyone will be happy.

KolbyJukes
03-10-2007, 07:58 AM
I won't have time for a follow-up vid until early April...maybe I'll do a commentary on that one. Real-time would be tough though, the video quality would have to come way down to make the file-sizes manageable, and nobody wants to watch artifacty, low-rez, over-compressed video.

-K.

superlayer
03-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Well realtime or not your first video was awesome.
Would be nice to see what tools you are using when you sculpt though.
Maybe leave the tools interface in the video, so its possible to see what tools you are using.

Keep up the very inspiring and good work.

pogonip
05-09-2007, 06:53 PM
I won't have time for a follow-up vid until early April...maybe I'll do a commentary on that one. Real-time would be tough though, the video quality would have to come way down to make the file-sizes manageable, and nobody wants to watch artifacty, low-rez, over-compressed video.

-K.

You could put it up at fileplanet and then you would be able to have a much better res because your not hosting it yourself . I would even be willing to bet cgsociety would host a documentry like that .

Xeroedge
05-23-2007, 07:07 AM
Well realtime or not your first video was awesome.
Would be nice to see what tools you are using when you sculpt though.
Maybe leave the tools interface in the video, so its possible to see what tools you are using.

Keep up the very inspiring and good work.

He is like only using three tools:
Soft A
Pinch
Move Vertices

and 95% of the time its just that one bursh...

Nice Video :}!

CGTalk Moderation
05-23-2007, 07:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.