PDA

View Full Version : high poly model

retro-action
03-02-2003, 10:53 PM
hi this is my first post here. Im just looking for some feeback on this model + textures. Its just under 7200 polys, my goal was realism.

thanks

retro-action
03-02-2003, 11:01 PM
my first pic is really bad this one is a bit better

Nahaz
03-03-2003, 02:59 AM
Seems the legs are a little too long, compared to the rest of the body.

The arm, from the top of the shoulder to the tip of the fingers, is about the same length from the start of the legs to the sole of the feet.

Check out the attached proportion sheet.

dosadi
03-03-2003, 07:10 AM
Maybe she's just got long legs, eh? Seriously, its looking good. You might want to push the textures farther though, especially on the bathing suit. Although with compression we might not be seeing all the detail. Could we see a wire frame, and some closeups perhaps?

Prs-Phil
03-03-2003, 08:48 AM
looks like poser to me

retro-action
03-03-2003, 03:34 PM
i agree with you about the legs but unfortunately i also need to satisfy our distorted sence of female proportions, i went back and forth on that issue.

its not poser, dont know how to convince you of that. Here are some wireframes

retro-action
03-03-2003, 03:35 PM
close up

dosadi
03-03-2003, 04:31 PM
The close up helps! The ear is a bit small. Generally the ear starts at a line with the mouth and goes up to the eyes. This is true with almost everybody. Also for 7000 polys you should try to put some detail in the ear that will help you pull of the realism more. Even if it is an approximation with a little geometry and a good texturing job. Otherwise your mesh looks pretty clean. Keep it up! Also I never thought it was a poser model, but it does have a bit of the same "look" as one. Keep going with your textures and tweaking the geometry for more character and it will help differentiate your model.
:beer:

Kaz
03-03-2003, 06:43 PM
hold up.. doesn't the ear line up with the brow and the bottom of the nose? If it was eye and mouth it would be kinda low. model looks nice though.

Roach[MXF]
03-04-2003, 07:37 AM
The hair needs more intense transparency maps and maybe a little more messy it may appear more natural and add character.
take a look at this girl from DOABV also notice how the shoulders slant down a bit as they go from the neck to arms, yours appear a bit too boxy maybe try that. There are almost no straight lines on a female body. maybe pull the ears out a bit more too. http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/news/01/22/do_screen002.jpg
good job -Jeremy-

retro-action
03-04-2003, 02:12 PM
thanks for the feeback guys, i appreciate it.

dosadi
03-06-2003, 12:03 AM
good one kaz.... I gottta stop posting when I first wake up. Thnx for pointing that out.

dshelton
03-06-2003, 10:27 PM
nice model, the proportions are slightly off as everyone pointed out, IMO I believe alot of the polys used could have been made more useful used in other places such as the face, but the model looks good, pretty clean mesh, not sure if you are trying for a real-time model or not

my 2 cents

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.