PDA

View Full Version : Apply image w/Alpha over multiple textured objects?

Sbowling
03-06-2007, 07:17 AM
I have a brick wall made out of individual bricks that will be smashed using RBD. Everything is done, but now I need to put a graffiti image on the wall. Is there a way to do something like this with overrides or will I need to go through and retexture the bricks?

Thanks for any advice.

misterdi
03-06-2007, 08:42 AM
Can't you use another projection to do this?.

This is a very simple approach that I usually do, it may need some tweaking though.

I'll group all brick into a single group, then I can apply projection to the group, by inheritance this projection will be carried over too each individual brick in a single projection plane.
Freeze modeling will remove the Texture support and then delete the temporary group.

This will make sure that the uv space each individual brick occupied is exactly as what is needed.

Another tweak maybe required if you can see the back of the the brick since projection mapping may also apply to other side of the brick not just the front one.

Maybe there is another way to do it.

Sbowling
03-09-2007, 07:03 AM
Thanks for the response. What you suggested didn't do exactly what I needed, but it did put me on the correct path. With your method I ended up with a separate projection for each brick, but I wanted all the bricks in a single projection. What ended up doing was create a camera projection from a temporary Orthographic camera and then froze all the brick projections and deleted the brick group and the Ortho camera. I can now project an image over all the bricks in a single shot.

Thanks again!

secretalienlab
03-14-2007, 01:10 PM
Hello,
If you select a group and apply a projection you should get one big projection covering all objs..
Just a note.
-mattias

CGTalk Moderation
03-14-2007, 01:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.