PDA

View Full Version : Need a 3D Dragon modeled (Challenge)

Talbain_Nova
03-02-2003, 07:50 PM
*** Only Post if you are willing to Help **

Hello - Fellow Artists - I need some help - this is a Big Challenge.

The 3D dragon Was modeled by a friend of mine - the model is lost unfortunatly - cause of a computer virus. My Friend does not have the model.
nor did have time to back it up unfortunatly.

The Blue Dragon drawing - is a referance for what i'd like it to be now, I'd want it to be close looking like the gold one.

If your up to this challenge please contact me

concerning what this model is for - learning experience - I've had a hard time as a animator modeling out dragons. If someone could model this out it would help me very much. (since the model was lost)

thank you for looking into this.

Sincerely,
Tal

http://www.users.qwest.net/~mdg13/dragon%20posing.jpg

http://www.users.qwest.net/~mdg13/bluedragon.bmp

Talbain_Nova
04-30-2003, 11:38 PM
Still looking for that special someone to help me out :(
please if you can - I'd hope this to be a very good learning experience for you as well.

Sincerely,
tal

:buttrock:

leigh
05-01-2003, 12:08 AM
Surely in 3 months, your "friend" could have modelled a new one?

I'm sorry, but posting this in the WIP forum was a bad idea to begin with. I am moving it to a more appropriate forum.

And just as a side note: why should people do this for you? What do they stand to gain from modelling something from you? You have to be aware that most people are not going to spend a lot of time on a model for absolutely no reason other than that you want one to play with.

Talbain_Nova
05-01-2003, 01:09 AM
Well if he could I would - But he can't :(
He doesn't have the money to do it, nor the resources now.

(He lost his computer)

Cause of a computer Virus - also their are nice people out their who help others.

So don't go around telling people they can't find someone who might be able to help them.

It's just rude - but thanks for your opinion and ill respect it.
(concerning posting on the WIP) sorry I thought it was appropriate cause it is a WIP.

Sincerely,
Tal

leigh
05-01-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Talbain_Nova
So don't go around telling people they can't find someone who might be able to help them.

It's just rude - but thanks for your opinion and ill respect it.

It's not rude. And I did NOT say that you "can't find someone" - I said what I did because we got a lot of this here, and usually these threads turn into flame wars because people want money for their work. This is not an opinion, it is a FACT.

I am a moderator here, so I know that this is usually the case, as we have often had to remove threads like this completely after they have turned into nasty fights.

The fact is that you are looking for someone to do a model for absolutely no incentive whatsoever, and whether you like it or not you are going to have to accept that it will be difficult to find someone who will do this. That is just how life is.

Sure there are nice people out there who help others, but a lot of those nice people don't have the time to make a model for someone else. Modelling a dragon like that would take a good few days of work, and most people sadly do not have the time to make that purely for because someone wants it.

I am not saying this to be nasty, I am saying this because it is true. But good luck anyway.

Mcf
05-01-2003, 07:49 AM
i totally agree with leigh. i am not sure if you will find someone who will model you a dragon which is timeconsuming and the only thing he'll possibly get is a "thank you".

thats not much to rise the enthusiasm of someone to model a complete char for you.

but i wish you good luck finding such a nice person who got lots of time.

Talbain_Nova
05-01-2003, 08:23 AM
Well here's a shocker - I might actually pay the person - If I like the final product that is ;)

Prove me wrong then

I want to see what you can make

(again its a challenge)

I animate
05-02-2003, 02:07 PM
My question would be how do we know for sure this was one that your friend did and not a pic of someone elses work that you are trying to get? Anyone that can model this well surely has access to a computer, even if his own is fried. Here's an idea! :lightbulb: Why not let him use your computer to rebuild this model for you?

:rolleyes:

unLevel
05-02-2003, 02:48 PM
Well here's a shocker - I might actually pay the person - If I like the final product that is ;)

Prove me wrong then

(again its a challenge)

A challenge no one's participating in, eh? :shrug:

Mcf
05-02-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by I animate
My question would be how do we know for sure this was one that your friend did and not a pic of someone elses work that you are trying to get? Anyone that can model this well surely has access to a computer, even if his own is fried. Here's an idea! :lightbulb: Why not let him use your computer to rebuild this model for you?

:rolleyes:

as he said in his post - his friend lost his computer cauze of virus ! :)

Heber
05-07-2003, 06:44 PM

Prove me wrong then

(again its a challenge)

yes because im sure everyone here works on that sort of basis , sayin you will pay if you like it is an insult , no one in their right mind will help you here, so you might as well try elsewhere http://www.vancouvercivics.com/forums/images/smilies/flame1.gif

oxyg3n
05-07-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Mcf
as he said in his post - his friend lost his computer cauze of virus ! :)

Where did the virus take his computer??

TyKeiL
05-13-2003, 04:28 AM
darn, either im insane or not in my right mind,

hey talbain mr dragon dude hows things..

i cant believe people dont want to make a dragon just for the fun of making a dragon,..

incentive is someone needing something..

i find that making things for myself is rather hard, but working for other people is much easier, and plus if they continually show interest in the stuff you are doing then you enjoy what your doing much more..

talbain_nova met me on icq, the only thig that i have problem is the fact that dragons arent real and the wing and shulder muscles completly boggle my mind,

in real life they do not exist like this, there isnt a single creature with both wings and arms..

if someone can draw an image of there imaginary way of doing this with the right muscle content then i can continue to make the shulders and move on down the back..

most dragons i see drawn are sooo fake looking because of the muscclature issues.. and nobody is willing to correct the problem facing the dragons fate..

well keep looking talbain, youll get someone good enough to make you a dragon one day,.. and ill finish mine one day too

ps: dont eat there little children, thers not much meat there anyway =P

KolbyJukes
05-18-2003, 03:59 AM
This sounds like a lame scam to me.

If you want that model made (with a single ref pic), you better offer more of an incentive then 'maybe if I like it, I'll pay you', nobody is going to waste their time. Read the site title - CG TALK - DIGITAL VISUAL EFFECTS PROFESSIONALS - this is a pro site.

Either shape up or get off the site. And please, be honest, I have serious doubts that you're telling the truth over the origins of that picture, and your involvement with the artist.

-Kol.

illustrativ
05-18-2003, 01:23 PM
a dragon you say, ok check this link and work from off it, this may be maya specific but if you read it at least 2 times you could probably convert it to what ever software you use.

http://www.3dlinks.com/tutorials/maya/maya_tutorials.cfm?tutorial=ac_dragon

katon
05-19-2003, 04:54 AM
well sorry abotu your friend. :shame:
but here is a dragon i just finished. but this is where we are diferent. i backed mine up on cd. tell him to start doing that. :thumbsup:
peace
katon

katon
sorry the server said it was busy so i posted it more than once thinking i had to but i guess not. sorry guys. peace

katon
sorry it said the serevr was busy so i posted mor ethan once sorry.

the_zed_axis
05-21-2003, 07:27 AM
dear moderator
lol
time 2 kill this thread

secretasianman
05-22-2003, 07:57 AM
my god, just thinking about the detail on it.

someone would have to be stupid just to do the work and donate it.
especially if the person will use it for money reasons or to get a job with, and not telling the truth about it.

sorry but i think people are to busy with their own stuff, and it would be insane to ask this of anyone.

maybe you should learn to model it yourself.

more self gratification that way.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.