PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Mudbox forum

leigh
03-05-2007, 11:06 PM
I'd like to welcome you all to the new Mudbox forum here on CGTalk, which is being lead by the very capable Kolby Jukes.

Have fun.

erilaz
03-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Thanks for taking on the mod job Kolby. Your presence will soothe us all.:)

zad
03-05-2007, 11:32 PM
Just started using mud, am shaw ill be on using this forum regularly.
Lookin forward to see what people are going to make with mud

lorez
03-05-2007, 11:38 PM
awsome!
i was part of the mudbox beta team.
it was really kewl to watch what every one on the team could do with it and how we went through all the bugs together. it will be interesting to see what a larger forum comes up with!!
thanks kolby for starting it up, seems right as you lead most of the great work on the skymatter forum.

LoRez

Grgeon
03-05-2007, 11:44 PM
sweetness!

siouxfire
03-06-2007, 12:06 AM
Great stuff. It will be interesting to see how the forum develops.

christo78
03-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Great, I've been shown around Mudbox recently, looking fwd to getting a copy and having a play

Goon
03-06-2007, 12:14 AM
Don't give Kolby more work :sad: he needs time to model.

Congrats!

Gkaine
03-06-2007, 12:51 AM
haha nice. its about damn time

lorez
03-06-2007, 12:57 AM
awsome!
i was part of the mudbox beta team.
it was really kewl to watch what every one on the team could do with it and how we went through all the bugs together. it will be interesting to see what a larger forum comes up with!!
thanks kolby for starting it up, seems right as you lead most of the great work on the skymatter forum.

LoRez

Slav
03-06-2007, 01:12 AM
i always support alternatives. and this one is great, should give zbrush a run for its money.

andyburm
03-06-2007, 01:31 AM
about freaking time....this tool deserves it's own category :)

DarkTure
03-06-2007, 01:48 AM
Ah, this is great :) thanks.

Gord-MacDonald
03-06-2007, 02:10 AM
I know nothing about Mudbox - is it similar to zbrush (which I also know virtually nothing about - except having seen some amazing end results)

In the near future I would like to take a look at a good 3d modeling/texuring package for virtual 3d "sculpting"

Mudbox is billed on their website as:

"the first advanced, high resolution brush-based 3D sculpting software that is built from the ground up to address the needs of the professional digital sculptor"

can zbrush make the same (contest this) claim?

Gord

Howitzer
03-06-2007, 02:33 AM
Cool beans.

salmonmoose
03-06-2007, 02:33 AM
Both packages belong in the same family, but approach the problem in different ways.

zBrush, was originally a painting package, it wasn't designed around the whole 3d sculpting thing (3.0 looks to have addressed this).

Mudbox was built as a 3D sculpting program from the start. The interface is very familiar if you've used a high-end 3D package. However, it does lack the texturing tools you find in zBrush.

jac3d
03-06-2007, 03:20 AM
hey cool ....:bounce:

isoparmB
03-06-2007, 03:43 AM
Oops, wrong forum. :]

Glad to see a new forum though.

Paul B
03-06-2007, 03:47 AM
I've played with it for a few minutes and I like the way it kind of "feels" Maya-ish. I'm finding it WAY more intuitive than Zbrush. Unfortunately, I'm getting a bit frustrated with it.

A few things in the first few minutes are:

-The screen won't draw properly (there's a black bar across the bottom 1/4 of the modeling window)
-the tool tip isn't aligned with the tool (the effect of the tool is happening about a 1/4 of the way up the modeling window, so I guess it's related to the first issue)
-the ability to subdivide selected geometry doesn't seem all that fabulous because the smoothed geometry is separated from the base shape. They get exported as separate objects with jagged edges.
-lastly, I found that the submenus and toolbars to behaved very sluggishly on a Xeon 3.2 ghz with a Quadro FX 3400 and 1G of ram running XP.

But I was only playing with it for a half an hour, so if there's a way to keep the subdivided surfaces continuous, then please let me know.

PaulHellard
03-06-2007, 03:55 AM
I am SO bringing a box of munchies and drinx, just to hang out on this thread!!

Good on ya Kolby and thank you Leigh!

kdev
03-06-2007, 04:15 AM
thank u leigh, thank u Kolby, i have not started working on mudbox but i sure was looking for it. thank a lot

cc909
03-06-2007, 04:21 AM
This is great! I have been giving a lot of thought about which I should spend my time learning Zbrush or Mudbox. I have heard a lot of things from people that say that they both have their advantages and disadvantages. Unfortunately, I just bit the bullet recently and started to take of the dubious task of Zbrush. What do you all think? Do you all feel that it would be of great interest and knowledge to learn Mudbox? What with the new version of Zbrush about to release in two months. I guess the only reason I chose Zbrush over Mudbox was the sheer amount of training tutorials and the lack of presents for Mudbox on the web forums. But as I can see, that is about to change. I guess that I am going to have to bite the big bullet and learn both packages. What is the overall opinion of the new Forum?

I am happy that I could get in on the ground floor!.

Nice to meet you all! My name is Brian Bouffard

Thanks Kolby for taking on the dubious task of leading this wild and crazy ride.

antonymuse
03-06-2007, 04:41 AM
Mr. Jukes, big fan of yours. I was bouled over by your modeling tutorial on modeling the human hand and am grateful to say that i follow it nowadays, although i got a long way to go when it comes to human modeling.

Thanks for sharing your ideas.

I faced my problems with Mudbox and it is really put me in the fix because i am really gonna need it in the coming days. They are:

- The soft brush sometimes gets sluggish and translates the object rather than sculpting. The brush size is also not visible sometimes and i get lost, and i often find myself closing the package and reopening it.

- I find that the package hangs everytime my subdivision rises more that 3 times.

- The soft brushs' reaction to a low res mesh is very wierd, i run it over the mesh and the mesh sort of juts out like the spikes. I know i want to reduce the strength of the brush but even then it shows. What i mean is that it isn't as fluid as ZBrush when it comes to treating a low res mesh.

Apart from these, i really like stencil and stamp and the overall interface which behaves like Maya and is very easy to understand.

For me, both ZBrush and Mudbox ROCK, for bringing a whole new phase to modeling, called SCULPTING!!!

ManoVelho
03-06-2007, 04:44 AM
I've played with it for a few minutes and I like the way it kind of "feels" Maya-ish. I'm finding it WAY more intuitive than Zbrush. Unfortunately, I'm getting a bit frustrated with it.

A few things in the first few minutes are:

-The screen won't draw properly (there's a black bar across the bottom 1/4 of the modeling window)
-the tool tip isn't aligned with the tool (the effect of the tool is happening about a 1/4 of the way up the modeling window, so I guess it's related to the first issue)
-the ability to subdivide selected geometry doesn't seem all that fabulous because the smoothed geometry is separated from the base shape. They get exported as separate objects with jagged edges.
-lastly, I found that the submenus and toolbars to behaved very sluggishly on a Xeon 3.2 ghz with a Quadro FX 3400 and 1G of ram running XP.

But I was only playing with it for a half an hour, so if there's a way to keep the subdivided surfaces continuous, then please let me know.

I think the dark bar (and maybe some other issues) can be solved by updating your video drivers.

salmonmoose
03-06-2007, 06:16 AM
I think the dark bar (and maybe some other issues) can be solved by updating your video drivers.

Definately - even on the relatively flakey Vista drivers I don't experience any issues.

oglu
03-06-2007, 06:49 AM
congrats kolby...

AUMAKUA
03-06-2007, 06:50 AM
It was about time! happy muddling everybody :applause:

Lamster
03-06-2007, 06:53 AM
At last! I was hoping that CGTalk would come up with a forum for mudbox and here it is :D. It's so exciting to be able to learn from everybody.

Terence

perham3d
03-06-2007, 07:05 AM
yay new forum to be a forum whore on :p

<3ing mudbox atm,am sure ill b stuck so look forward to retrieving help.and maybe giving it to :)

JamesMK
03-06-2007, 07:25 AM
Yay, great move CGS and Kolby!

Anthonie
03-06-2007, 07:38 AM
Great move it is:D.
I like it!

gpepper
03-06-2007, 08:08 AM
Cool to see that !

jarvetu
03-06-2007, 09:03 AM
Hi there,

First of all Mudbox rules. Mudbox and 3d max is a killer combination. Too bad that I got only 1 day left of the trial:(

Anyway, I have some problems with the trial version 1.0.4. Maybe it is because of my graphics card (Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI), but I get this flickering area to the user interface. Check the screenshot attached. Anyone got a solution for this?

Thanks!

Br,
Tuomas

ha-dou-ken
03-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Oh this is too cool. I wanted to get on the digital sculpting bandwagon.Thanks Admins!

criminal
03-06-2007, 09:12 AM
playing around with the trail version! and it is really awesome. hope this forum will help a lot of us!

elvis75k
03-06-2007, 09:16 AM
Good to see folks.. enjoy mudbox :scream:

ZhangYang84
03-06-2007, 09:50 AM
cool,great:bounce:
mudbox

Leefox
03-06-2007, 10:10 AM
thanks! I missed it already.. :thumbsup:

prayas
03-06-2007, 11:05 AM
finally there it is. so now it will be double posting here and over at mudbox3d forums.

P..:

Likesyrup
03-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Awesome can't wait.

Paul B
03-06-2007, 02:20 PM
There seem to be 3 Maya compatible drivers on the nvidia download page.

http://www.nvidia.com/page/partner_certified_drivers.html

Can anyone make a recommendation for Quadro fx 3400 on XP that will run Maya (I'm not having any real problems right now, other than Mudbox, so I'm a bit nervous about updating)

WMBrown
03-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Cool beans.

Hay there! i see you're here too!

Locutus
03-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Thanks to CGS and to Kolby for this forum. I should be getting my license of Mudbox soon and I can't wait to get feedback from everyone as I learn to use it.

Kolby is your being here going to affect TweakCG?

guitarmunkee
03-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Sweet forum, I could use it now that I just got the software. Thanks guys.

jarvetu
03-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Considering the earlier posts about quadro FX related problems, the latest driver update from nvidia fixes all the problem. Now everything is perfect with my Mudbox.

-t

eldee
03-06-2007, 05:40 PM
It's about time, I thought we were going to have to have a combination zbrush/mudbox forum or something :)

eldee
03-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Anyway, I have some problems with the trial version 1.0.4. Maybe it is because of my graphics card (Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI), but I get this flickering area to the user interface. Check the screenshot attached. Anyone got a solution for this?

That's a known problem with certain (older) graphics drivers. Updating your drivers should solve this.

MartinRomero
03-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Glad you guys made this possible. Mudbox rocks!
late,
gato3d

newellteapot
03-06-2007, 06:02 PM
great! will be frequenting this forum quite often :)

MikeRhone
03-06-2007, 06:25 PM
It's good to see the new forum, especially with Kolby as the resident bodyguard to keep things in line. Now will this be a tech forum, or just somewhere for his fans to fawn over him? ;)

KolbyJukes
03-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Hey Everybody,

Sorry for being so late to reply to this thread, just got my internet connected at my new place.

I'm glad so many people are excited/interested in this forum, and I hope we can make it more then just a technical forum, but a place for modelers to meet and inspire/be inspired.

@Locutus: no this won't effect TweakCG.com in any way.

cheers,

-K.

DarthWayne
03-06-2007, 10:20 PM
This was a welcome suprise to come across to be sure. :) I know it'll be very popular.

Wayne...

hakkston
03-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Wow great!

Luv it!

BlackNull
03-06-2007, 11:04 PM
sweet kol, sounds exciting, I'll start posting some stuff here too. :bounce:

lets do this :wip:

pierre

DuttyFoot
03-07-2007, 01:15 AM
mudbox is freaking awesome. i used the trial for the first time and felt right at home.

pnoland
03-07-2007, 01:55 AM
Sweet! Hopefuly I will have a wip or two to share sooner or later. :P

Thomasphoenix
03-07-2007, 03:35 AM
I loved mudbox ever since I used it the first time! Love the clay feel!
I do have a zb license too will be getting the free zb3 upgrade soon but I think my sculpting choice will be Mudbox always!
Hope to see lots of amazing work here and hopfully do some myself!
Mudbox rules

Kolby, it would be wonderful if you could share some workflow tips!

Cheers

JBoskma
03-07-2007, 06:00 AM
Woo great! Cool to take up this task Kolby, a miracle you can find time for this.

Thomasphoenix: "HOWARD ROARK LIVES" I'm currently reading the fountainhead, about halfway....it's great so far.

Freewaldo
03-07-2007, 06:09 AM
Kolby, i just can't wait for the Hulk or your famous (and not so famous) Batman model in a downloadable zip file with the textures and shader intact.

You can send any of those or both in my mailbox, hurry im waiting. http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon10.gif

seirim
03-07-2007, 11:07 AM
Good thread!
Anyones knows where we can get good tutorials?
This tool looks really good!

Jinian
03-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Great having Kolby Jukes as the moderator here, a title that is well deserved. I've been looking to try mudbox yet, but i am just too eager to wait for zbrush 3.0 that i don't know if i should even start.

By the way Kolby, i sent you an email a couple of weeks back, your PM cache has been pretty full lately, hope you don't keep too busy.

Looking forward to seeing the forum in action.

Paul B
03-07-2007, 03:13 PM
If you're looking for tutorials, download the trial version and the help documents are online. One leads to a set of videos you can download. They're good.

Paul B
03-07-2007, 03:29 PM
...and by the way, it's a cool program, but I'm still new to the concept of normal maps...

I have a basic understanding of image mapping with UV projections, bump maps and so on, but I'm still don't understand which node of an object's shader the normal map is supposed to plug into. I've found a bunch of tutorials about creating a normal map but not how to apply it.

If I create an object in Maya (that has all it's surfaces uv mapped), then create a version with much higher polygon count in Mudbox and sculpt my fine detail, then bake a normal map from the hi-res version....how do I bring the normal map back into Maya and where do I to apply it?

Thanks,
Paul

Gord-MacDonald
03-07-2007, 10:49 PM
I have just downloaded the trial version. Mudbox import seems to support obj, mud and bio formats.

a) what packages support these formats (I assume Maya, 3DS?)
b) are there any lower end (open source etc) that support or allow conversion to any of these formats?

Gord

joelrodrigues
03-08-2007, 02:05 AM
Really cool! Thanks!

JBoskma
03-08-2007, 03:40 AM
Gord-MacDonald:

A) The .obj format is probably the most used file format, used to transfer 3D Models between applications. I would think every 3D Package out there, supports it. Otherwise there can be found free plugins on the net that will allow your 3D software to import and export .obj files.

B) I doubt any free / opensource 3D software will be able to handle models that hit the milion polygon mark. Feel free to proof me wrong though.

Gord-MacDonald
03-08-2007, 07:33 AM
Gord-MacDonald:

A) The .obj format is probably the most used file format, used to transfer 3D Models between applications. I would think every 3D Package out there, supports it. Otherwise there can be found free plugins on the net that will allow your 3D software to import and export .obj files.

B) I doubt any free / opensource 3D software will be able to handle models that hit the milion polygon mark. Feel free to proof me wrong though.

Thanks

Gord

Polimeno
03-08-2007, 01:38 PM
does anyone knows where can we got some video tutorials ??

superlayer
03-08-2007, 04:08 PM
I am gonna tryout mudbox shortly.

Been away from 3d for a while. It will be fun to do some projects again.

Locutus
03-08-2007, 07:21 PM
I just received my copy yesterday. I see what little free time I have left disappearing for awhile.
:thumbsup:

coldfuse[ofX]
03-09-2007, 12:20 AM
just got the free trial, and started to use Mudbox, Simpler then Zbrush i would like to know how effective it is compared. The creations look like its pretty much the same. Cant really manouver that well in mub box so have a few questions already!

So great add to the forum, nice one Kolby, though i dont really know much about you, it seems you are the person for the job!

re1
03-09-2007, 02:43 PM
yay! thanks!

sculpter21
03-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Mudbox is amazing! I like it so much more than ZBrush.

iSOBigD
03-10-2007, 02:22 PM
I've found a bunch of tutorials about creating a normal map but not how to apply it.

If I create an object in Maya (that has all it's surfaces uv mapped), then create a version with much higher polygon count in Mudbox and sculpt my fine detail, then bake a normal map from the hi-res version....how do I bring the normal map back into Maya and where do I to apply it?

Thanks,
Paul

I use Max, but it works the same way in most if not all apps: you load the normal map (image file) in the normal map slot of a material which you apply to your low poly object. A normal map is just like an advanced bump map, so you use it the same way you would any texture/diffuse map, bump map, specular map, etc. The program (or video card if it's in a game) will know how to read it and render it after that.

Snake Eyess
03-10-2007, 09:10 PM
well... got the trial but havent had too much time to play around, will soon though :D

BTW, welcome back into the Land of 3D Superlayer :P

Paul B
03-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Thanks for reply Big D,

I think Maya must be a bit different because I can enter the file as a bump map, and it renders out with the textures and such, but the model's polygon faces still have sharp edges.
One tutorial says to make a connection between the bump map's out colour and the camera normal, which I've tried, but I get a circularity error.

Anyway, I suppose I should pursue this over at the maya rendering forum.

Paul B
03-18-2007, 03:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDBau-s8SdI

...is the artist on this forum by any chance?

pd
03-18-2007, 02:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDBau-s8SdI

...is the artist on this forum by any chance?

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=221&t=475336

CHERNABOG
03-25-2007, 03:01 AM
I have a question about when you make the uv's for your model in maya , do you need to keep all the uvs in the first square of the uv space or you can put then next to the other (uv islands) , i dont know if that could work with mudbox, because when i try to export my displacement , it gave me an error at the middle of the process, saying that it is not enough space on the disk, that it can be full, but i try the same thing with another model keeping my uv's in the first square and it export it perfectly, i dont know if the error its because of this or something else, thx for the help

Higher
04-02-2007, 03:39 AM
I just started playing with mudbox, trying to get used to the tools. I'm having problems trying to apply bump textures on the model...but somehow it keeps pulling the surfaces but not showing the textures. Any help is appreciated.

RichSuchy
08-06-2007, 07:48 PM
With Autodesk Buying this I wonder if we can expect Maya specific support/ plug-ins.

I guess I'm on board. Been sitting on the fence.

Rich

shokan
10-12-2007, 12:30 AM
Hi
Does anybody know if Mudbox uses DirectX to real-time render in its viewports?
Thanks.

GeoZ4
03-13-2008, 03:18 AM
I'd like to welcome you all to the new Mudbox forum here on CGTalk, which is being lead by the very capable Kolby Jukes.

Have fun.

Are you Kolby? I am new to the forums and was going to ask a question on the best way to apply stamps...i see you are from london.
My dad was born there and i am also a jukes. :P
maybe we are related lol.

Anyway any help is appreciated.

leigh
03-13-2008, 08:21 AM
Are you Kolby? I am new to the forums and was going to ask a question on the best way to apply stamps...i see you are from london.
My dad was born there and i am also a jukes. :P
maybe we are related lol.

As you can see below my avatar, my name is Leigh. So no, I am not Kolby.

skadbone
04-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Greetings all!-I have been a user of Cinema 4D for a while now, great program, have used Zbrush a bit, but I'm interested in Mudbox-can someone out there please tell me the difference between Mudbox and Zbrush, pros/cons of each-in the galleries that I've seen, the results seem similar, I do work primarily in the Healthcare field, as oposed to charachter work, thank you in advance for any advice!-CZ

www.craigzuckerman.net

LosPescados
10-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Greetings all, I've just seen that I've got Mudbox with my student version of 3ds Max.
So hi to all ! :)

JohannesDre3d
02-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Having a hard time finding some info on this. I have zbrush background and new to Mud, so before I jump in completely I was hoping someone with experience in both could shed some light on what makes the one better than the other please ? Thanks

oglu
02-24-2011, 07:55 PM
there is no better than the other...
both have their strength and weakness...

test both and use both... :D

what are your aims..?
are you working in a pipeline or alone...?
more design or only sculpting/ texturing..?
organic or hardsurface..?

it depends totaly on your needs...

JohannesDre3d
02-25-2011, 05:04 PM
I did some digging on Mudbox tutorials and friend of mine discovered a new site that has an amazing 2011 tutorial offered by Wayne Robson. Site is called Filter Foundry and looks pretty cool I must say! Here is the link to the tutorial. Almost 3 hours on free content. They require a quick free 10second signup but so worth it. Value like this needs to be shared. Cheers, you can thank me later ;)
http://www.filterfoundry.com/the-studio/sessions/242/

KnowBody
03-24-2011, 03:23 AM
Hey how yall doing? Im fairly new to Mudbox but hope to soon be getting awards and stuff!:D

iameline
05-03-2011, 02:09 AM
Hi
Does anybody know if Mudbox uses DirectX to real-time render in its viewports?
Thanks.

No -- it uses OpenGL to do that.

DuttyFoot
05-03-2011, 01:50 PM
mudbox 2012 is pretty good and i think i will be getting it for sure. i am still playing with the demo which was working on my laptop yesterday. today i got an error saying that an ati or nvidia card needs to be present for it to run. has anyone experienced this?

iameline
05-03-2011, 02:14 PM
mudbox 2012 is pretty good and i think i will be getting it for sure. i am still playing with the demo which was working on my laptop yesterday. today i got an error saying that an ati or nvidia card needs to be present for it to run. has anyone experienced this?

Did anything change from yesterday? Did you install some other software, or could it be running under a VM?

You can skip the graphics check by setting an environment variable --
MUDBOX2011_SKIP_GRAPHICS_CHECK

If you set that, and then go to Mudbox's "System Information" dialog (under the help menu) could you please cut and paste the *entire* contents of that window and post them here?

Thanks.

DuttyFoot
05-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Did anything change from yesterday? Did you install some other software, or could it be running under a VM?

You can skip the graphics check by setting an environment variable --
MUDBOX2011_SKIP_GRAPHICS_CHECK

If you set that, and then go to Mudbox's "System Information" dialog (under the help menu) could you please cut and paste the *entire* contents of that window and post them here?

Thanks.

nothing changed from yesterday, no new software was installed either. I am not sure what the issue was but it seems to be working now. thanks for the info and help. if it does it again i will try your fix and see what happens.

Oraito
08-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Hey everyone!
Happy to join the mudfest community! :D

mookiemu
08-15-2011, 09:03 PM
funny, I'm still using mudbox 1.07! :banghead:

But I think I will finally be biting the bullet. Does anybody know how many licenses you get and can they be for different systems.
I want to put a copy on my Windows workstation and a linux version on my m6500 which is running windows.

marcelladk
02-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Hey, can anyone tell me, how can i zoom with mudbox to the last sculpted area? It always zooms to the bottom of my model, this is very annoying to pan always to the desired area, in zbrush its so easy.

thanx marcell

DuttyFoot
02-07-2012, 03:14 AM
funny, I'm still using mudbox 1.07

same here, unfortunately when i upgraded my pc i couldn't get the serial number to work :(

mookiemu
02-07-2012, 11:41 AM
same here, unfortunately when i upgraded my pc i couldn't get the serial number to work :(

I know what you mean! I can't get it to work on my laptop. That's what is so annoying about DRM. I paid for Mudbox and I'm being penalized for it. Those out there that got a cracked version don't have this issue and their experience is better than mine!
It's what I've been saying all along, DRM doesn't hurt anyone except for honest paying customers and it definitely doesn't stop piracy. :hmm:

robinb
02-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Hey, can anyone tell me, how can i zoom with mudbox to the last sculpted area? It always zooms to the bottom of my model, this is very annoying to pan always to the desired area, in zbrush its so easy.

thanx marcell

Not a good thread to post this in, but anyway.

Press F with the cursor over something and it'll become the centre of focus. Then zooming in and out will be focused on that area. How much it zooms in when you press f is based on the size of the current brush.

marcelladk
02-07-2012, 01:06 PM
thanx very much sorry for the bad thread

Don-Quixote
06-21-2013, 11:58 AM
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:
Hi guys I'm new of this forum, and I'm more new of Mudbox, but it was love at first sight XD

Asimov
08-27-2013, 05:09 PM
Hi all,

I am new to this forum, and to mudbox. I have been using 3ds max for about 6 years, and I am fairly proficient in that, but I want to push the bounderies of what I can do.

Tried zbrush, and made a few chocolate oranges, and I didn't get on with the alien interface.
However mudbox is like a breath of fresh air. I do have a lot to learn though.

Some people who use 3ds max might know me from Maxrealms.

Asimov

PaulHellard
08-29-2013, 09:35 PM
Welcome guys! Good to see some more practitioners making the jump.