PDA

View Full Version : Ply-Spell, david munoz velazquez (2D)

munozvelazquez
03-05-2007, 10:46 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/151382/151382_1173138402_medium.jpg

Title: Ply-Spell
Name: david munoz velazquez
Software: Photoshop

This a Character design for a ROLEPLAY game. It is a Wizard that uses spells to control any kind of yarn.
The idea was to create a wizard able to be efficient on fighting with weapons.

It was made straight away in Photoshop using a little bit of texture images to simulate more detail on some areas. I wanted to give it a feeling of a canvas painting, like a portrait of a hunter.

I will post a few close-ups and a variation of the hut the way it should be when he is going to fight.

Crits and comments are welcome ;)

Best Regards,

David Munoz Velazquez

Cassandra
03-06-2007, 09:00 AM
I think it's a great character design :thumbsup: I love his outfit and the lights and colors of the image in general.

I saw your work some time ago, I believe your style is really original, keep on the good work!

Goro
03-06-2007, 09:49 AM
that's awesome!
Great design and nice rendering of the different materials

matejkovacic
03-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Nice composition, coloros, textures, details, everything is impressive!

amusdey
03-06-2007, 01:19 PM
me gusta el diseņo de tu personaje, aunque debo decir que a el hacha le falta mas brillo para mas efecto metalico, buen trabajo exelente!

saludos

munozvelazquez
03-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Hi all, thanks for the comments and crits.

Cassandra: Thanks, I'll try to keep improving :)

Goro: Thanks mate!

matejkovacic: Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

amusdey: Thanks amigo! About the lack of specular or more naturalistic metallic axe, you are right, I wanted it to be stone made. May be is not very clear now, I want it to be not typically stone material but I think is not clear enough.

Regards,

David Munoz

This is the other version, well is just the way is wearing the mask.

http://www.munozvelazquez.com/post/plyspell02.jpg

GonzaloGolpe
03-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Five stars, dude! hehe:thumbsup: Well-done!

notpill
03-06-2007, 06:43 PM
wow, really well done! Every brushstroke in his right place.
and the second one its absolutely perfect. Strong and powerful.
4*

willbrown
03-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Front page!

Tmaniac
03-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Look really nice , he looks like king Thoden in LOTR , don't you think ?

http://img-nex.theonering.net/images/scrapbook/orig/11548_orig.jpg

nekro
03-08-2007, 12:46 PM
amazing work, the rendering of materials is great!!
grande!!
saludos

munozvelazquez
03-11-2007, 12:30 AM
Thank you everyone for the comments!

gG: Thanks mate!:thumbsup:

notpill: I'm not sure if all are in the right place :) but I really appreciate it!!! thanks!

willbrown: Thanks!

Tmaniac: Cool, he looks a little bit! It would been a really nice reference, Thanks.

ei-en: Thank you man. I'm glad you like it! Saludos.

David Munoz Velazquez.

dev1n
03-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Me gustan los detalles y como le hisiste los pelos! :applause:

Odysseus-art
03-22-2007, 03:03 PM
I love those ''scetchy paintings''! You have rendered out just what is important, and the dark and less important areas are left tobe completed by the eye of the viewer. Well done!!:applause:

munozvelazquez
03-22-2007, 08:56 PM
Thanks fot the comments :)

dev1n: I'm glad you like it. Thanks.

Odysseus-XB: Thanks! That is what I like to see on a illustration but sometimes I have to control my self to not get crazy doing details and forget this loose areas that are more friendly with the eyes. :)

Regards,

David Munoz Velazquez.

funarty
03-23-2007, 11:47 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Love the texture,no wonder ur a vet.Great work

Leort
03-23-2007, 10:28 PM
your work impresses me too much:buttrock:

tomassalles
03-27-2007, 03:24 AM
Very nice, work. Five stars! front page for sure.

munozvelazquez
03-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Hi every one

funarty: Thanks!! I like to use textures as much as I can, but this one has just a little.:thumbsup:

Leort: Thanks mate, I'm really happy to hear it.:)

tomassalles: Thank you very much for the stars.

Thanks for the comments!!!

munozvelazquez.

zoren
04-01-2007, 03:41 AM
he is awesome, beautiful detail, nice work......!

levent
04-02-2007, 04:13 PM
very nice colours:thumbsup:

jtico
04-04-2007, 12:53 AM
Nice work there! Congratulations :)

munozvelazquez
04-04-2007, 10:23 AM
Hi everyone,

-zoren, levent, jtico: Thanks for the comments!!! I'm really happy that you like it.:bounce::thumbsup:

munozvelazquez.

aricshow
04-04-2007, 06:37 PM
I like this concept allot, i think iyou did a beautiful job on it.

Lindsey
04-06-2007, 03:02 AM
Very nice! I love how this is rendered perfectly, yet you managed to maintain a painterly/sketchy feel with your brushstrokes.

shahrouzb
04-13-2007, 04:23 AM
sry i know this is a noob question cause i am one lol...but how do u do the hair and the strings hanging from the guy in photoshop? u just draw it in or is there something that helps with it or w/e? thx

karthik
04-13-2007, 04:35 AM
NO COMMENTS:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

munozvelazquez
04-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Hi everyone! Thanks for the comments! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

shahrouzb:

The hair is painting by hand normally, you can create your own custom brush to give easier more detail..
Here you have a very good tutorial for painting hair and others. ..Tutorials.. (http://www.furiae.com/index.php?view=gallery)

About the strings, this is a way to get an interesting result:

1A. Paint a strong set of strings with the high tone of the colour you rather. Make sure this is painted inside an individual layer.

2A. Take the (1A.) duplicated and invert it so you can get a darker strings, after this you can adapt it as you want to be the dark tone you want to use for the shadows. (This needs an individual layer as well and has to be on the same position...)

3A. Select the brighter one (1A.) and by erasing you definie the areas that would be in shadow.

http://munozvelazquez.com/post/strings.jpg

I hope this is usefull to you:)

dev1n
04-13-2007, 10:12 PM
Gracias por haber decido como lo hisiste, los tutoriales de Linda son de verdad maravillosos pero increhibles :) :p

shahrouzb
04-14-2007, 04:52 PM
thanks alot buddy, that actually helped and it looks kool too!

shahrouzb
04-14-2007, 05:03 PM
ok and one more question, in the tutorial u gave me, i went to the hair section and sometimes it says "set brush to opacity" or like "brush with spacing 5%" lol what does that mean!!!?? lol thx

munozvelazquez
04-14-2007, 07:17 PM
dev1n: Thanks mate:)

shahrouzb: ok I'll try to explain it.

....Open Image Here.... (http://munozvelazquez.com/post/brushes.jpg)

-set brush to opacity: If i understood properly I think it means to set the brush to a opacity that you want. The opacity can be found on the main horizontal bar that appears when you select a brush. Play with the options I have marked on red and you will see the differences and which you rather.

-Brush with spacing 5%: This is an option that you can make use any time you want to. If you press F5 the Brushes menu will appear. Right below the hardness of the brush is the Spacing, you can set it to 5% or whatever you like. Once the brush is set the way you like it, go to the brush option (red "Click Here") and press on "New Brush Preset..." and the Brush you have will be stored on the Brush Presets list, I think should be the last one.

shahrouzb
04-14-2007, 07:37 PM
wow got it, thanks alot buddy, appreciate it :D

CGTalk Moderation
04-14-2007, 07:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.