PDA

View Full Version : questions about the export of AE video

MukMan
03-02-2003, 04:58 PM
I have six minutes of a school video that I brought into After effects to do some green screen stuff. I figured that part out, but now I need to get my film back off to view. What compresion am I supposed to use to get it into a decent sized file. At school, we have final cut pro that exports to quicktime quite nicely, but my friend uses After Effects on a PC and im stuck. I tried Divx, but for some reason, 6 minutes took up 10G's and lacks audio. How do I make the audio work and the compresion actually occur? (which compresion too?)

arvid
03-04-2003, 01:10 PM
Don't use AVI/DivX, use quicktime with animation codec or a DV codec, and dont forget to check audio output in the output module settings (the same window where you set codec and filetype). I don't work on DV so I dont know which sort of DV codecs you are supposed to use, but maybe you can convert it to a suitable format on the final-cut computer which should have the necessary codec. No teachers around to ask? :)

MukMan
03-04-2003, 03:06 PM
our school is strange. They give us a plethora of powermacs and ram, but the only one who knows anyhting about any of the software is Mr. Ford. He only knows how to connect the camera to the computer. From there, we get no help except for some nice seniors who already discovered things. We have iMovie and FInal Cut Pro and my friend got the Adobe After effects. Fortunately, the divx codec started working and is recognized by the computers at school so we can finish our project. Thanks for the reply.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.