PDA

View Full Version : Rigging Problem

dickma
03-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Now I am rigging the character, as usual I select the model and set envelope with skeleton groups. However, I discover something that is affect my rigging job.

After I finished the set envelope, I discovered my model changes its shape immediately. May be it is affected by weight values however, I think my model should be in same shape after I set envelope. Model should changes only I rotate the bones.

Anybody know why?The situation is:
a rig generated by Biped Guides,
the character's objects are seperated, due to different settings, like subd levels.
in Mixer, all the clips stored are deleted, due to changes of the bones
finger bones are repositioned
all bones are "Set Neutral Pose"

The problem is still exist, the model should remain the same shape, after set envelope. But it is not. the model change shapes.

And I am quite confused about some XSI commands, or the procedures on how to do rigs.
"Set reference pose", "Reset Actor".

dickma
03-05-2007, 09:09 AM
This is the problem:
http://zea.imagestack.org/1173089576/9315297/33/pic2.gif

tuna
03-05-2007, 09:52 AM
Branch select the bones this happens to and use Animate > Envelope > Set Reference Poses

dickma
03-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Still didn't work using the method above. I see a little change of the model, but it is not the original shape, the lower arm still have its shape changed.

tuna
03-05-2007, 10:44 AM
You probably havent done it to all of the effecting influences.

dickma
03-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Yes, I have. Because I use bone groups and pick the group in the Explorer when I do the set envelope or set reference pose. I don't know what effector is missing.

tuna
03-05-2007, 11:32 AM
You should try using set reference pose with branch selecting the chains instead of just the group.

dickma
03-05-2007, 11:44 AM
OK, I will try it tonight, is it middle-key click at the start of a hierachy of the envelope bones in the explorer? and set reference pose?

I just don't know why, other bones of enveloping has no problems. Just the arms and hands. I am ever think of amputation and rebuild the skeletons.

CharlesDexterWard
03-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Hi,
first, to see if you have not forgotten an effector, select your enveloppe, and Enveloppe/select deformer from enveloppe. You then have the complete list of the deformers.
Then, if the reference pose still don't work, verify the scaling of your deformers. In some cases, the "set reference pose" do not update the right global scaling of the deformers in their "Static KineState".

tuna
03-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Try middle clicking the arm root and the hand root.

dickma
03-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Now I am able to rigging the model with no modeling change, thanks.

Q: Do I need to perform the same process for my previous objects, that isn't set reference pose? Or only perform if the model shape changes?

And I would like to know the usage of "Reset actor" command.

CGTalk Moderation
03-05-2007, 01:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.