PDA

View Full Version : Figure Drawing Workshops at Bay Area Classical Artist Atelier

BACAA
03-05-2007, 07:44 AM
Hi Everyone I am posting to those of you who may be intersted in master figure drawing and painting workshop in the Bay Area. BACAA is hosting figure drawing workshop with several top classicaly trained artists this year such as Juliette Aristides, Dan Thompson, Jon deMartin, Ted Seth Jacobs and Michael Grimaldi Please visit www.bacaa.org (http://www.bacaa.org/) for schedule and dates. Best Linda

Rebeccak
03-05-2007, 09:10 AM
Awesome, I wish. Lots of those names I really admire. All the best!

BACAA
03-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Thanks Rebecca I wanted to share with your forum that we at BACAA work on long poses directly from the model to complete each drawing carefully and methodically. Our studio is in Belmont our sessions with the model are 4-8 weeks 4 hours each session. We work with amazing 25' north facing light. The light draped the model like an old masters painting it truly is stunning. The setting at the BACAA studio is very intimate and each artist is working diligentlly on their drawing. By hosting these master workshops several times per year it really helps with the foundation of each individual to practice what they have learned during the workshop.
One of the most well know artists of our times Ted Seth Jacobs is coming to teach in residency program with BACAA. My hopes are that serious artist and students would take advantage of this amazing opportunity to study with Ted.
I invite members of your forum to visit the www.bacaa.org (http://www.bacaa.org) for more detailed information about each workshop and program.
Many thanks again for the opportunity to talk about my favorite subject figure drawing portrature and painting
Linda

Rebeccak
03-06-2007, 02:27 AM
Hi Linda,

How quickly do these courses fill, and how far in advance must one sign up? I simply love Ted Seth Jacobs, he is certainly a hero of mine.

Thank you for posting this information, please feel free to do so here to the Anatomy Forum in the future! :)

Cheers,

-Rebecca

BACAA
03-06-2007, 03:30 AM
Hi Rebecca thank you very much for your invitation to post BACAA workshops on your forum. To answer your question regarding Ted Seth Jacobs, serious artists are already signing up. There is a limited space of maximum 15-18max. It's going to fill up very quickly it's truly a very valuable opportunity to study with Ted here in the US to say the least. Ted will be teaching the Structure of Human Form, of head, features of the face and shoulder girdle as well as clothing. This program is a 6 week intensive study of the human form with daily demos and individual critiques. The location of the BACAA studio is in Belmont California. We will be using live models under stunning north facing natural light. I am more than happy to send you further information regarding this master program. The workshops in general fill up pretty fast artists tend to take advantage of the early registration offers.

Rebeccak
03-06-2007, 06:44 AM
Linda, you're welcome, thank you! :) I'm curious to know how you found the forum :) - always nice to have someone intimately connected with the atelier scene on board, all of the artists whom you've listed are artists whom I greatly respect and admire. Have thought about atelier training a great deal over the years, am very much interested in Jacob Collins as he seems to have trained so many of the best classical realists. Ryder, Jacobs, Aristides, et al are all artists whose work I've been following recently and their methods really fascinate me.

I have Tony Ryder's book and also recently bought Aristides' Classical Drawing Atelier, both incredible resources. I have learned a lot in particular from Ryder, whose method is very clear and straightforward. You might be interested to see how Ryder's book has helped this artist - his before and after images are here:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=4116906&postcount=14

I am really pleased to see someone in your position on the forum, there is much you clearly have to offer and your input I'm sure would be warmly welcomed by our members. :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-06-2007, 06:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.