PDA

View Full Version : BlendShape Special Duplicate

Tyros
03-04-2007, 03:25 PM
hello Guys.....

I am doing the Digital Tutors tutorial Facial Rigging in Maya.

I would like to know if are there any options that when I create the Left Smile, then I Duplicate, Export+Import and Mirror, or change de scale -1, check the inputs.
So I can use this second Face, to include in my blend shapes....

This will save me time, instead create a blend shape for both sides, I would create only one side and duplicate.....

I have tried in differents ways, but when I connect the blend shape....and play, Maya repeat the movement of the original blend......

Any trick? please

----------------------------------------
A second Question is
After create the blend shapes......And connect with the original, I learned a trick,
to Right Click on Original Head<Inputs< ALL Inputs....
And inside of that small windows, swap the order, that is, I left tha Skin CLuster on top of the Blend Shape.

But After this, when I try play with the blend shap, the rest of the body move a little, instead just the mouth.....anyone know why?

thanks in advance for replies

Ramteen
03-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Yeah .actually there is a very usefull script Called " abSymMesh " . I`v just started using it and it`s awesome :D . Thanks to tha author "Brendan Ross" for writing such a brilliant . I appreciate . go for it Here (http://www.highend3d.com/maya/downloads/mel_scripts/modeling/poly_tools/abSymMesh-2830.html) ( Highend3D.com )

I wish that it helps you ;) good luck

Tyros
03-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Thanks man!

EDIT

IS WORKING GREAT!

zsjasper
05-18-2007, 02:00 PM
hi Tyros, I think the second problem can be fixed by turnning the value of skinCluster to 0 and then do blendShape, I think that will work correct:), or you can do the blendShape first then skinning.

CGTalk Moderation
05-18-2007, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.