PDA

View Full Version : Vue 6 Speed Improvements

Luxo-Jr
03-04-2007, 10:35 AM
Hey guys,
I've been looking everywhere on the Eon website to find any information on how to speed up processing\rendering\anything else for Vue 6 xStream.
I remember there was something similiar for Vue 5 a couple of years ago but can't seem to find any information relating to Vue 6 and what options to check and uncheck.

IvanB
03-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Luxo_Jr,

Theres no specific default setting...It kind of boils down to anti-aliasing, and turning off unwanted settings...The higher the anti-aliasing the better the quality etc, the longer the render times , also using spectral atmospheres will increase time...chuck a few clouds in and up goes the time....

When using xstream, to get the same result as you would in vue you have to increase the passes. It doesnt matter what app your using with xstream all the vue stuff will be rendered with the vue render engine inside your 3D app.

The lighting settings make a big difference aswell (standard, global, ambiant etc)

Depending on what kind of scene you are rendering depends on what you can turn off in the render settings of vue.

One thing I have done is to purchase Phillipe Boyers scenes from cornucopia..and check out the render settings.

I hope thats helped...probably didn't..LOL...(Melbourne hah?...got a job for me..http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon10.gif LOL)

Luxo-Jr
03-04-2007, 02:34 PM
lol thanks for the tips. They gave me bit of an idea so it did do something!
HAH - give you a job? I'm after a job myself so join the club!

CGTalk Moderation
03-04-2007, 02:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.