PDA

View Full Version : Animation short: Chinese Dancing Animation

Eggsister
03-02-2003, 07:56 AM
ok, i didn't make the first thread right, let me try this again... :)

halo,

here's yet another VFS new grad, how's everyone and my fellow VFS 3D class37???

so here's my demo reel, it's "finished" but there're a few effects and animation that i hope i have chance to refine, especially on the clouds particles and cloth simulation. please take a look, and i really look forward to all your comments!

http://www.vfs.com/~helenc/HelenChiouFinaldivx.avi

http://www.vfs.com/~helenc/Poster1.jpg

http://www.vfs.com/~helenc/Poster2.jpg

KnightVFX
03-02-2003, 08:03 AM
Wow, you're project came out great! I'm very impressed with how good it turned out. I'm glad to see that all of your hard work paid off. Can't wait to see you in the industry in a few years, showing everyone what animation is all about!

:applause:

ts9236
03-02-2003, 09:49 AM
Awesome !!! :applause:

Well..... I just love it. :love: :love: :love:

Ted

Eggsister
03-02-2003, 09:56 AM
Ted, i love your animation too! :bounce:

thanks for the nice comments, i deleted the first thread that i made, many other kind replies were gone too, sorry to the folks who posted there *winks*

chenling
03-02-2003, 08:07 PM
helen~

beautiful pics and the animation turn out really well. human dancing is porb the hardest thing to do and u did a realy good job! elso the cloth and clouds looks great! congrads!!

eva :beer:

davids
03-02-2003, 08:55 PM
pretty very pretty.. i really like your look.. i think everything is tied together nicly.. the music is very suiting. nice job.

wonseok
03-02-2003, 09:42 PM
I can't get in the vfs server...but I have seen for long time..I knew it was going to be a good project...well done and thanks for being my friend..I won;t forget u and your dancer..

Eggsister
03-03-2003, 02:37 AM
OK, looks like the server is finally back up, please have a look, and let me know all your comments! Thanks for the patience downloading!!! :thumbsup:

unlikelyhero
03-03-2003, 05:56 AM
beautifully done, helen. i want more!!! agreed the music is perfect. now get a great job!!!

gary hsu
03-03-2003, 05:57 PM
Helen, so everything turned out just fine for you eh?? hehheh, I think you have done a good job on the compositing. Your animation is smooth, very fine piece of animation you have got there, keep up the good work

gary

dtrimble
03-04-2003, 11:01 AM
I agree with what has been said, it looks good. Two Problems I see(It's easy to find error in everyone elses work, just not my own, lol) The first, the camera flys through some foilage at one point, and continues on, why? This part of the scene is not entertaining, so should be reworked. Second, she is flying and foating, but has no secondary action from her legs. If she is moving through some supernatural force from her center of gravity, then fine, but have it move and things follow that action, and be effected by it as well. I think maybe if you tried to tackle half of the length of the animation ,really prefecting that stuff, it would be killer.

I really like the model and scene, good work!

Eggsister
03-05-2003, 03:36 AM
thanks everyone for your kind words!

dtrimble, many thanks for your valuable feedback, I'll watch out the problems that you mentioned when i refine the piece in the next few weeks. Indeed I had a hard time figuring out how she was gonna move before I animated her, even towards the end of production I was still experimenting with some of her movement style. It's a VERY FUN piece to work with as the first student project, but my next project is SOOOO gonna be cartoony i'm sure! :scream:

asia
03-05-2003, 10:12 AM
Tried to download it several times already...... can't seem to work... but the background is just beautiful! Will try to download it again soon.....

pablov
03-06-2003, 05:48 AM
I love it, it's beautiful Helen.
exelent job.:bounce: :scream:

emailsux
03-06-2003, 08:00 PM
I finally got to see it! Good work Helen! The server has been hammerd so much that it was going to take 45mins for me to download your stuff. It really turnd out to be a good project.
Class 37 rules!

:beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.