PDA

View Full Version : TP question

brokenface
03-03-2007, 07:21 PM
in my scene there are 3 groups of TP, is there a way to tell 1 group of particles to start emitting at frame 50 or so?

Thanks in advance,
B

Srek
03-04-2007, 09:53 AM
Just animate the Emitter acitvity. Depending on the Emitter you use this can be anything from just animating the on parameter of a TP preset to a Xpresso setup that controls the emitter depending on animation time.
More info on how your setup works is needed to answer the question in detail.
Cheers
Björn

brokenface
03-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Doh! the "On" check box. :)

this is my first project with TP so i am having trouble with everything. your reply to a thread about TP rotation on a spline helped me out too (on c4dcafe).

so thank you twice, Srek.

B

brokenface
03-05-2007, 05:33 AM
another question,

my particles seem kind of hurky jerky as they rotate and move, how do i smooth them out?

Srek
03-05-2007, 06:10 AM
The movements might be due to to high forces or contradicting forces. This is very hard to tell without the scenefile.
Cheers
Björn

brokenface
03-05-2007, 06:44 AM
here you go, Bjorn

thanks alot for the help

Srek
03-05-2007, 07:19 AM
You have set precision to only 50. Increase it to 100 or more to get a smoother movement.
Cheers
Björn

brokenface
03-05-2007, 08:25 AM
that fixed it. thanks for the quick response.

brokenface
03-05-2007, 07:59 PM
I'm back Bjorn, with hopefully my last question...

im attaching the scene file again that has the other models and their TP. what are some options to get this thing to render faster?

i am working on a lower poly white blood cell, and i am already using a low poly virus.

should i be baking these particles?

edit: the file is too big even after zipping it. but basically add a lot more particles with more polys and textures to the previous file and that is where i am at.

thanks once again
B

Srek
03-06-2007, 05:39 AM
A first step is to remove one of the particle geometry objects from your setup. Currently the particle geometry is created twice without need. If you don't have to use different particle geometry objects because of Pyrocluster or similar you only need one.
The Virus low shape is pretty detailed (12.000 Polygons). Reducing this should help a good deal too.
Since the scene you posted does not contain any material i can't comment on that, but heavy use of procedural shaders or even volumetric shaders is a shure way to higher rendertimes. Bake as much as possible of the textures (AO for example) and only use shaders where realy neccesary.
Cheers
Björn

CGTalk Moderation
03-06-2007, 05:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.