PDA

View Full Version : xsi and syflesh for muscle system

oktawu
03-03-2007, 07:00 PM
been testing the use of syflesh for building a simple muscle system in xsi, and ive been running into serious problems. First of all the syflex docs are very shallow, no examples no in depth stuff. Dug up some threads, couldnt find anything useful. There used to be a thread about this on cgmuscle, with some nice examples (though most were from maya) but nothing conclusive.
Ive been able to set it up, using some simple stretched spheres for the muscles, using nail constrains at both ends, and parenting them under their coresponding joints, problem is no matter what i do, and what settings i use, the object does not retain its volume. Not even using a volume preservation force doesnt do the trick. The dynamics are fine, and look ok, but whenever the joints are rotated, and the muscle compressed, syflesh just messes everything up, and the object looses the volume (it does not even compress and bulge like an object preserving its volume should).
Any ideas? Maybe im doing this the wrong way, but i couldnt think of any other way to go about this (been looking into the comet muscle demo for maya, and its practically the same approach at the core, only that its volume preserving tools do work the way they should).
Has anyone tried syflesh for building secondary muscle dynamics in xsi?

CGTalk Moderation
03-03-2007, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.