PDA

View Full Version : question for normal map

ivanes
03-03-2007, 10:03 AM
Hello, everybody
I would like to ask you a question. Well, I am making right now a box for a computer game and I want to generate a normal map from hight poly. I have already made uv-map, so that the upper part maches with the bottom part, the left maches the right part and the front part with the back. Because in the model the sides are 2 with 2 equal and I am trying somehow to simplify the texture. The problem comes after that, when I upload the normal map of the low poly model. I get only half of the sides correctly rended, the other three sides become dark without any texture. When the uv is streched, all sides separately, without overlaping, there is no problem. Is there someone, who is occupied in the field of games , using LW, who can help me with that. Or who can give me an advice how I will be able to optimise the textures, when I have a model with equal sides. Thanks a lot in advantage ! :banghead:

CGTalk Moderation
03-03-2007, 10:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.