PDA

View Full Version : is there a way to compile your specific brushes ?

flengbang
03-03-2007, 04:24 AM
Like for example i like using inks>fine point , acrylic>broad brush ,fx>glow , pencils> 2b and so on, but like have their thumbnails easily available in the brush toolbar instead of selecting from the dropdown menu of the brushtoolbar or sorting out from those thumbnails option of the brushtoolbar we have like 30+ brushes that i need to scroll thru.

thanks in advance for any help.

Jinbrown
03-04-2007, 05:18 AM
Hi,

One way to have quick access to your favorite brush variants is to use a Custom Palette, then drag the icons for the brush category containing those brush variants into your Custom Palette. With a single click, those brush categories' brush libraries are loaded and you can choose the brush variant you want.

To learn how to create and use Custom Palettes, read the following (if you're not using Painter X, use the same or similar terms to find the information in Help Topics):

Painter IX Help > Help Topics > Contents tab > A Workspace Tour

On the right panel, click the link named "Custom Palettes" and read the page that displays next.

In your file manager, location depending on the Painter version you're using:

Another method is to create a custom brush library folder, then copy and paste the brush category folders (and their associated same-name JPG brush category icon image files) into your new custom brush library folder. Then delete any brush variant files you don't want, along with their associated NIB, STK, and c_[brush variant name].XML same name files.

flengbang
03-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Thanks so much Miss Jinbrown, helped me out alots :p

CGTalk Moderation
03-05-2007, 10:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.