PDA

View Full Version : How to change interface's type color (there's a reason for this!)

Denart
03-03-2007, 03:21 AM
Ok, I recently changed my Windows XP appearance and made it a lot darker...the problem is, all the interface type in Photoshop is black on default..so its REALLY hard to read them. (example, the Layers palette, History palette, tools, etc etc)

So is there a way to change the Photoshop interface type color? That would really help as I see the darker interface 'frames' the piece better.

Thanks

BTW, I have CS2

evanfotis
03-07-2007, 10:29 AM
I'm not currently in a dark ui phase, but as far as I remember a year ago when I was into black/dark blu bg UI, if you keep the selected items, menus fonts white or so, it should work. Problem usually arises when you haven't enough contrast between font and bg in Windows UI config. But I suppose CS3 should have a slider like AE, PP etc already have to adjust the UI colour scheme from dark to light and affect the text too.

Looking back at some screenshots, on a W2K system even PS7 and Illy could apply white text on dark bg.

Try adjust your UI appearance as Win classic style, instead of XP bubblegum style, and make sure the title bar bg colour is dark and the font colours very light.

CGTalk Moderation
03-07-2007, 10:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.